Strangling Feeling???

This is wierd and i cant understand it. I have this strangling, like ive hung upside down feeling and my head has too much pressure in it and my neck feels the same way. Does anyone get this and have a clue what mechanisms could be causing it? It was worse on florinef there at the end but got a little better when i got off of florinef but its still there and very distressing. It occurs even when my bp is normal, well potsy normal lol thx =)

I had that feeling when I was on Topamax. In fact, if I talked for more than a sentence or two, I would actually start choking. Could it be one of your medications? It took several weeks on the Topamax for me to start experiencing this side effect. Anything you've just started or have been increasing the dose?

I was hoping it was the florinef, but im off it and everything else except my antihistimines and probiotics. Im starting a new med tommorow but nothing that could be causing it now. Im not even salt loading so...? Im clueless...its a horriable feeling. And if i strain to pick something up or bend over ..holy moly..its like my head and neck are gonna blow! Another lovely mystery i geuss...

I have I think a similar feeling. I never thought of it as strangling though. I get the intense pressure in head and neck. Especially the back of head and neck, and very top of head. At its worst, I will get pressure that I describe as if my head is being pumped up with a bicycle pump.

Not sure what it is, but I am going for an MRI/MRA of my head and neck today. They feel this symptom is happening so often they want to rule out any problems with the blood vessels there I also know that I have a bad neck so this my contribute to whatever it is.

I second Joann...I haven't thought of it as strangling, but usually have a heavy pressure feeling my head/neck. The "epicenter" is at the base of my skull. This area has been painful for months and months, but in the past 3-4 weeks this pressure has taken over! Feels like it's going to pop! It gets worse when I go from supine to standing. Haven't found anything to relieve it. Good luck! Whoever is getting te MRI- please let us know if they find anything!

This is my worse symptom. Feeling pressure in the front of my throat, up into my jaw and head, ringing in my ears. Doctors have no clue what's causing it.

I've had all kinds of tests-brain MRI, thyroid ultrasound, abdominal CT, nuclear stress test, lab work, ear, nose and throat exam and everything's normal---but I don't feel normal (I bet we could all say that :()

I have the same thing! It only happened when I stood now I feel it all the time. Not in my neck just head. It could be sinuses? My last few MRIs have shown chronic maxillary sinusistis... I think it is my blood pressure going up when I stand plus sinus... Have your sinuses checked if you have not yet

I get that kind of sensation too but along with it I will have hearing loss in both ears for a short while. It will come and go all the time.