Cold Extremities And Pots

davecom

Cold Extremities and POTS  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have cold feet all the time, worse at night. I live in a tropical climate and usually my only footware is barefoot or flip-flops, so...go figure, cold feet??? I abhor wearing socks or anything that confines my toes, but alas, I have to don the fuzzy, pink socks at night most nights. Sometimes my left arm feels cold on the inside (I know, sounds strange) it only happens once in a while and when I asked a dr. a few years back, his response was, (after physically touching my arm) "It doesn't feel cold to me", at which time in my head I screamed "What part of inside do you not understand?!" The only activity that I can think of in relation to my feet is walking, so no, they don't warm up after walking. As far as the "what type of POTS do you have?" I, sadly, have no idea...

My feet are always cold. My husband will touch them and be amazed by how cold they are. It's 91 today and I am under blankets for my legs because my feet and legs to an extent are cold. AC makes me even colder. I cannot have anything blowing on me. I swear I will turn into ice. :)

I am hyperadrenergic POTS, possibly MCAS and very hypermobile (mostly likely EDS; I want a second opinion on that from someone who sees it more frequently and looks at all my symptoms)

I am generally a cold person now but not specific to extremities. Prior to POTs I would easily sweat. For several months during the course of 2012 I stopped sweating all together. I can sweat now but it's just weird, not my norm. My temp usually runs low. I was taking it for a while as instructed to chart adrenal function. I wasn't great at taking as specifically as the body temp test required but I did note I always ran low. Truth be told I never charted my body temp, so maybe it's my norm but I always feel uncomfortably cold now and that's new since this flare

I have been having cold extremities for a couple of years now. Always had cold hands at times, but my husband would touch my leg in the middle of the night under tons of covers and it would be frozen. I'm not sure what kinds of dysautonomia I have, but I have severe OH, POTS, with many other problems.

No clue what kind of POTS I have, my Dr. didn't say, but I am always freezing, esp. hands and feet. Hubby jokes that I am a vampire because I am so cold to the touch. I usually am bundled up when everyone else is warm. But I also occasionally get overheated so I am then peeling off the layers or one of the many blankets I have to have to sleep. I think I have had POTS for at least 13 years because I remember when I was pregnant with my first daughter and it was 90 degrees out and I was bundled up in a blanket because I was freezing.

Not sure what type of POTS I have, although my dr. has indicated that it's probably hypovolemic. My body temperature usually hovers at the upper end of 95 F and my feet are always cold. Hands usually are too, although when I exercise my hands swell and get red and itchy. I usually sit with my feet tucked up under me because they get so cold.

Before starting any medication my hands were turning blue so cold. Ended put getting a ct scan looking for a magical extra rib because my doctor said he couldn't get a pulse down at my wrist when he had me raise my arm. Still get cold hands and felt but has gotten better with some of medicine. There wasn't a third rib or anything. It was one of those preliminary shot in the dark my doctor looked for.

My hands are always cold, people have noticed that my whole life, my feet tend to vary more based on whether I'm standing or sitting and how active I am. When I exercise my feet get burning hot and turn bright red/almost purple. Similarly, my brother (who we suspect has POTS) gets severely red/purple cold hands when he runs, and the same but hot when he plays his drum set.