Potsy Playlist!

roxie

When my son was very sick with POTS and my husband was very sick with an unrelated illness, I found that singing along to the radio could completely (albeit temporarily) lift my depression. Singing can be very powerful! Because I am a pretty horrible singer, however, my family wasn't particulary supportive of my form of therapy. :rolleyes: So through my town's adult community education program, I started a singing group for non-singers. No judgements or lessons - just a fun place for people to sing in a group without worrying about how we sound. We sing along to youtube videos of oldies - mostly songs from the 60s and 70s. The group has really taken off, and even got fantastic coverage by the Boston Globe newspaper! I've created a website and posted some of the songs with their lyrics. Check it out and sing along! www.all-sing.com

Jangle- Walking on Sunshine would be perfect for my group!

Lenna, I love it!! My family has very patiently tolerated my love of music and singing - even though I don't have an ounce of talent :) Two of my favorite things to do in my pre-POTS life was going for a drive and singing at the top of my lungs and playing Rock Band with my son. Thanks for reminding me of that!

I'm such a horrible singer that my elementary school music teacher made me mouth the words while everyone else sang :P

Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus

Raise Your Glass by Pink

I like these ones too! Also:

Nicki Minaj- Super Bass

nearly anything by Katy Perry

No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom album

nearly anything by Lily Allen

If you're looking for something really different but really upbeat, try the group Girls Generation, especially their song "Gee." It's sugar-sweet Korean pop music, haha! I lived in South Korea for a while and got into the upbeat pop music they love over there.

• 9 months later...

I listen to all kinds of music other than Country and Teen Pop. When I'm not working out, I usually like slower music, like Adele. I need something more up tempo for working out. Here are some of my favorites:

Destiny's Child - Survivor

Shakira - Hips Don't Lie

Jay Z/Alicia Keys - New York

Black Eyed Peas - Let's Get it Started

Kanye West - Stronger

Christina Aguilera - Fighter

anything by Michael Jackson

I love listening to dance/electro music when I workout! It gives an awesome beat to keep my cardio going and uplifiting lyrics :)

Here are some of my favs:

Calvin Harris: *I need your love,

Swedish House Mafia: *Dont you worry child, Greyhound (love this for my warm up)

Bassnectar: Lights (ellie Goulding remix)

David Guetta: Titanium, when loves takes over

Kaskade: Lessons in love, Move for me

*my favorites right now! My cardio flys by when im listening to these. Otherwise I feel like i cant keep going