Potsy Playlist!

roxie

Since more people are getting into exercise I think it'd be awesome to talk about what helps us get through exercise :)

I definitely think music helps.

Some of my favorites:

"one more" by Superchick, anything by Superchick

"stronger" by Mandisa

"a little bit stronger" by Sara Evans

"stuck like glue" by sugarland

"moves like Jagger" by maroon 5

"set fire to the rain"  by Adele

"rolling the deep" by Adele

What are some of your favorites?

Haha nice bananas I just got done posting in another thread about using music while jogging.

Superbeast - Rob Zombie

The Touch - Stan Bush

Up! - Shaina Twain

We Are Young - Fun

And for some reason

99 Luftballoons - Nena I guess that's my ancestral German for ya. I really don't know why that song does it for me. Maybe it's the POTS.

I'm a disco lover - that's my teen years:

Footloose

Top Gun

KC and Sunshine Band - Shake your booty - love all their stuff

Saturday Night Fever sound track

Born to be wild

I like UP by shania too, Jangle - gets you moving.

Oh, I'm sure there's more. I used to dance every weekend when I was younger. Love it. Love it. Hope to get back to it one day..

All great music!!

Puppylove, I love Carrie too :) Lauren Alaina's cd is good too. My favorites "one of those boys" and "Georgie peaches"

Issie- I love going back to much from when I was a teenager. I get all giddy, my era is boybands. I was an 'nsync girl all the way but there was times I listened to the backstreet boys *gasp*

Scotty was my favorite on Idol! When their cd's came out though I just liked listening to Lauren's better...more Carrie-like.

Last time I had an IV the nurse was trying to get it flowing better and her phone rang. It was the ILYTB ring tone & we looked at each and are like "I love Scotty"

Issie, 'NSYNC is classic!

I love walking on sunshine, I listened to it the other day! And "walk like an egyptian"

I found this blog by a woman with POTS/EDS & her song is "avalanche" by Chris Trapper. I'm going to have to listen to it

http://www.lifeasazebra.com/a-dream-realized/

And when my dr started talking to me about EDS he kept saying "you were born this way". So "born this way" by Lady Gaga, lol!

When I was in school. I had to do a paper on music and how it affects our lives. I used songs to show how life progresses from young years to dating to old age and how it affects us and our moods. Since I'm a singer - I sang certain parts of the songs in my presentation. I had the music recorded and sang with the music to prove my point of what my speech was about. I presented it to three classes and teachers - standing room only. I was very shy back then and had a hard time looking at anyone - but, it was very well received and I got a standing ovation. So, Arrowsmith and Dream ON are very relevant to me and my life. In more ways than one. DREAM until your dreams come true . . .dream, on!!!!

Issie

Thanks for sharing these songs. I will definitely add some of these to my ipod: :)

On my exercise playlist are:

I Will Survive

Don't Stop Believing

Tubthumping ( "I get knocked down, but I get up again...the're never gonna keep me down")

One of my favorite songs for POTS or any other life challenge is: "Now" by Dave Carroll. I strongly recommend it if you haven't heard it. It's more of a bad-day-with-POTS song, than a workout one.

Brethor, I'm a music lover too. All kinds, I'm not sure what I'd do if I couldn't listen to music.

Issie, that's really creative! Doesnt it seem like when there is a song we like, go a while without hearing it, and then hear it it brings back the emotions.

Corina, I hope you like them all!

Peace, tubthumping!! I forgot about that one. Its great

I love all kinds of music, used to dance, still sing :) ...and like Issie, I would date myself, if I started mentioning specific tunes, so I'll just leave it at that....

Also Stronger by Kelly Clarkson and Skyscraper by Demi Lavato. Good songs for bad potsie days. :) I love Walking on Sunshine too!