Back from the hospital

Aprilmarie52

Hello everyone, we are home from the hospital with our new baby girl. She was born on the 27th and weighed 7lbs 8oz. She was 19in long and very healthy. She has a full head of hair. :) I was in labor for around 6 hours, most of it at home. We went to the hospital around 6:30 p.m , but they said my contractions were not regular enough and I was only 2cm dialated. I knew that I was in pain, but try telling the doctors that. So they sent us home around 9:30 p.m. I rested at home for a few hours, but I couldn't sleep because of the contractions. Around 11:30 p.m my water broke and by the time I got to the hospital 30 minutes later I was 9 cm. So needless to say it was to late for pain killers. They gave me something through my IV for pain but it didnt help with the pain, it just made me out of it. Anyway she was born at 1:36 a.m. I will post pictures on the website as soon as my husband downloads them onto the computer. Just wanted to share the news with everyone.

April,

How wonderful! Thanks for sharing your news with us! I will be praying for you all during this adjustment period.

Lisa

congratulations!!! Enjoy these times as they go by so very fast. It seems like yesterday that my children were born but now my son is old enough to take care of me....thankgoodness since I'm having trouble taking care of myself. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of what I'm sure is a beautiful baby!

Denise

Congratulations!

You did it! Isn't it the most incredible thing EVER!?!? I'm so proud of you...childbirth isn't easy for anybody...but for POTSIE's like us...wow!

Best, best wishes!

Kristen

I know that you need your rest April, but I will NEVER forget the special moments I had at night feeding my babies. It was just me and him (yes, 2 boys) awake in a quiet house during the night, where we had all the time just for the two of us. That was so special!!!

And no, I didn't forget the nights I had to get out 5 or 6 times to stop them from crying either :o

So I wish you the very special moments and hope you won't have the rest!!!

Corina

April, I'm so happy for you :angry: and please give Gabby a kiss on the forhead from me and tell her I said "welcome to the world little one" :huh: Maybe she can date my new nephew, Harrison, when they get older...he was born on 1/23. :)

April,

CONGRATULATIONS! You did it! I'm sure you are feeling all those incredible feelings that everyone has been telling you about now! No words to explain it, and it just gets better & better. I am so glad she is healthy and VERY relieved to hear that your labor went to extremely smoothly. 6 hours is great! And I'm sure that not having an epidural will speed your recovery tenfold- in fact I've chosen to deliver at a birthing center this time so that again I won't have the option of having it (among other reasons LOL).

Well, I can't wait to see pictures of your princess, and I too wish you the best during your postpartum period of adjustment. You seem to have luck on your side so far :) And I second what Corina said- enjoy those quiet moments with her, they will go by so fast.