Antibiotic Question??

icesktr189

I had an allergic reaction. Some of them caused itchy whelps, throat closing, others caused violent colon

cramps & I would pass out. Others caused seizures, sometimes I would just faint. I've had so many reaction

I can't remember them all. I have no idea what I am going to do when I need an antibiotic again. Very scarey.

I am currently taking Macrobid and it's not causing any additional POTS symptoms. I took another antibiotic a few months back (can't remember the name - something with a 'cilin') and I had a bad bout of diarrhea at the end but I was told that's common whether or not you have POTS. I took that for whooping cough so I had no choice...I just had to fluid load during the diarrhea and eat bland.

I had a rash while taking Cipro once so they avoid that and I'll only take it as an absolute necessary. We aren't 100% sure it was the cause, but why chance it.

I hope you find something that works. All antibiotics do give me a bit of nausea, but nothing unbearable.

Yes to both questions. I have been in the hospital for dehydration due to antibiotic colitis. Hives and bronchospasm, epipen. I don't know why so many of us with dysautonomia react so strongly to medicine.