Have You Ever Felt Like This???

misstraci

I have a really hard time describing my symptoms and feelings sometimes but I think I've came up with how to describe something that I experience.

If you have ever been put to sleep for a procedure or surgery, I hope you can relate and understand this. Please tell me.

Right when you are given the sedative, at the moment where you go from being awake to "going under". It's like your eyes roll back and your head spins and gets this weird sensation. That is how I feel a lot BUT I'm awake, I never completely black out but I usually just say "i'm lightheaded" or something but its like my head is spinning and i'm about to pass out, etc.

Do you know what I'm talking about or ever feel this way?

Alicia - do you have vertigo, hearing loss and tinnitus? How was Meniere's diagnosed? My eyes feel so out of focus (major effort to keep them focused on a face for example), but vision tests normal - so I assume the cause is vestibular. Menieres was suspected, but I never have vertigo, then they said Hydrops - but my Ear Dr. recently told me she thinks the problem is my brain, not my ears. I know MCS (which we both have) is common in people with Meniere's. Just wondered how they know for sure that you have this?

Hi, thanks for writing. I feel like this often but the intensity varies. Sometimes it's way worse than others. Do you feel like this a lot?

yes I agree, the intensity varies, and is very scary to me when its bad. This comes and goes for me. It will sometimes happen when I am just sitting on the couch or doing nothing, and once in awhile it happens when I am up doing something, but I guess I notice it more when I am just sitting. Not sure if this sounds crazy or not, but I also notice it more when I am sitting on the couch with my legs underneath me for a long time.....

alicia..... what exactly is meinere's? I don't think my eyes actually move.

naomi...what is mcs?

todd... that's funny. i think part of me panics and still does because it scares me. I've never completely passed out and I', scared of doing so. Have you?

lacey... that doesn't sound crazy, it sounds all too familiar :)

I have nystagmus, but diagnosed only by me. I went to a neuro-ENT. He had me do the fancy vestibular testing and a hearing test. The vest. testing lady wrote on her report that everything was fine. The hearing doctor made a couple of comments during testing, like "that's an unusual reaction" and "this is odd". YET, I go to the neuro-ENT and get told that all I have is a little hearing loss in one ear.

I now question the vestibular lady's abilitites, as I can hardly keep my eyes on a sentence in a book long enough to read it. It is like my eyes jump ahead and back. I quit driving 10 years ago because my eyes were jumpy. I can look at vertical stripe wallpaper, and the lines wiggle back and forth! Yet, my vestibular functioning is just dandy.