Please Pray For Me...

Im starting my lexapro and midodrine tomorrow... lord knows how this is going to go LOL.

I have a lot of fear over this, but am happy to get my life somewhat back. I wish I could just take one at a time, but im on a time crunch right now :[

Any comfort will be greatly appreciated :]

I already know I will have to dope myself up with klonopin before hand so that I will actually be able to swallow the pills to begin with. (I have medication phobia)

I will be praying for you as well. I can well understand you feelings in regards to taking pills. Until I was dx with my liver enzyme problem, I was getting so ill on most medications. Now that I have a doctor telling me if I can take the med or not is such a relief. I would stall for days wondering what was going to happen if I took the pills before. I'll pray all goes well and for strength to overcome the fear.

Maggie

Hi Dani-

I hear the time cruch concern, but there is NO way to tell what med is causing what symptom UNLESS you start new meds separately. I hope your doc has you on the lowest possible doses of each so you can titrate up to a therapeutic level.

Regardless, prayers on their way!

Hugs-

Julie

Prayers said for you for sure.... Be strong ~ you can always stop a med if it doesn't seem to be helping you ... you are the boss -- Like Klonopin - a long acting benzo - lexapro is one you will have to taper off of - if you take it for a length of time and down the road decide it's not for you... Doctors are often prescribing these SSRI's etc... and tell patients that side effects will wear off in time - keep taking it etc... But I've yet to hear one talk about how difficult it can be for a patient to want off the med asap and then find out they have to taper - in fact never do they usually mention anything about going off these kinds of meds. I don't think it's a big need or problem if you haven't been on it very long - but for those on it - say a year - those folks need to taper most definitely... I hope this combination proves very helpful to you and that you'll be feeling better soon!

I JUST PRAYED for you....remember you are in control and can say, I can only start one at a time. Like Julie, I do best one at a time and small amounts till I know what is going on. We are own own advocates for ourselves when we are alone at our doctors, we must stand up for ourselves and show respect for our body that only we know best. :)

Best of luck.

x's

Bellamia ~

As always, BellaMia, Julie, and the others say it well. I, too, am praying for you and sending you positive energy and strength. You can do it, although I really wish you were starting each med separately. Could you talk to the doctor again and tell him that your history indicates that it's much better for you to start one new med at a time and at small doses? Perhaps you could bring someone with you to help be another advocate?

Please let us know how it goes!

Cheers,

Jana

Thank you guys so much!!!

I think I will just start the lexapro first, because the adjustment time is a lot longer. I usually know the first day how I will react with the midodrine, so I will just wait for that one.

Is it pretty common to have a fear of medications with POTS? I never did before, but I guess after all the bad reactions, I have horrible anxiety about starting one. I am in counseling for it, but it takes SO long to overcome.

Hope everyone is doing well, and Ill keep updates going! :]

THanks again!!

Hi Dani,

It is ABSOLUTELY the Dysautonomia that causes Medication Phobia. As a matter of fact, it is one of many phobias that we face. See the link in my profile for more info on a book that discusses this. Anyway, when it comes to meds go SLOW & LOW! You can do it and I am definitely praying for you!

Here's my example: Celexa normal dose is 10 mg. I started by taking 2mg and after about 3 months, I increased to 3mg. This is less than half of a normal LOW dose! I have to take liquid b/c they don't make a pill in this low of a dose. I'm staying at this dose b/c it's working. If it ever doesn't, I can always increase it but will only do so 1mg at a time. I once tried to double it.....ONCE! My doctor told me: you know better, go slow! lol!

I always get a little apprehensive when taking a new medication. But taking such a small dose eases my anxiety a great deal. My doc even told me that I must be careful taking vitamins (especially B vitamins) b/c they can make me excitable. When I started my beta blocker low dose...no problems. When I started my Celexa low dose...no problems. Don't feel bad b/c I'm a nurse and had to call my friends to encourage me to take any new prescription. Even then I would sometimes avoid starting the new med. They all thought I was paranoid and would say "just take it already". After getting diagnosed it all made sense.