Flu Shot?

roxie

I know someone posted a thing a while back about struggles with the flu shot & someone responded with a study about this years affect on cardiac function in health people.

I am wondering if anyone else has gotten the shot this year? What was your experience? I am so torn & going to the dr this week?

I don't mean to scare anybody, but my POTS symptoms began shortly after getting the flu shot a few years ago. I will never get the flu shot again--but primarily for superstitious reasons as a result of this. I bet this is just coincidence, however. Did anyone else notice their symptoms beginning shortly after receiving the flu shot? Again, probably just coincidence. I have been meaning to post this question, just never got around to it because of the obscurity of the theory that a flu shot can cause pots or possibly exacerbate it to the point that one notices their symptoms.

• 6 years later...
On 12/1/2010 at 4:34 PM, basktbal22 said:

I don't mean to scare anybody, but my POTS symptoms began shortly after getting the flu shot a few years ago. I will never get the flu shot again--but primarily for superstitious reasons as a result of this. I bet this is just coincidence, however. Did anyone else notice their symptoms beginning shortly after receiving the flu shot? Again, probably just coincidence. I have been meaning to post this question, just never got around to it because of the obscurity of the theory that a flu shot can cause pots or possibly exacerbate it to the point that one notices their symptoms.

Please tell me how long did your POTS symptoms last after the flu vaccine. We're they transient? Thanks.

I have an autoimmune disease as well as dysautonomia, so I don't get flu shots anymore. My holistic doctor said that taking NAC has proven more prevantative than taking flu shots and much safer, because flu shots will activate the immune system. So I take several caps of NAC each day. It also helps with estrogen detox and lupus pain, so I'm killing 3 birds with one stone.

• 1 month later...

If I got dehydrated I would be in the hospital.  No way I would risk getting the flu.  I've gotten it every year since 2004 when I first got POTS, without problem.  When I was sickest I got a little dizzy after the shot but now I don't even notice.  This has come up a lot on the forum before, so you can search old discussions