Sorry I Haven't Been On Here Much

I hesitate to write, as I fear jinxing myself. I don't consider myself "cured" anymore,(as I've gone thru this before) but as I write this, and for the last two weeks almost, I've been feeling pretty near normal.

I am beyond ecstatic to have my life back for how ever long it lasts. I'm enjoying every moment of it. I took my son swimming, to the park, etc. I've even been able to grocery shop! I hate the grocery store.

I haven't changed anything except for upping my cymbalta. Oh, also I've been drinking a ton of MILK of all things. Chocolate and plain. Probably doesn't have anything to do with feeling better, but it's funny because my naturopath told me to stay away from dairy! Oh well, I've always loved cold milk, but was drinking sooo much **** gatorade I didn't have any room for it.

This illness ***** so bad in sooo many ways, but boy does it make you appreciate life when you feel good. So for now I'm thankful. Next week, who knows.

Enjoy every second, don't look back. I don't think your milk has anything to do with it either, take pleasure in every drop while you can. For years I've tried to find a correlation with things that have made me feel good or bad.......never holds up. Hope this lasts all summer for you.

Thank you for sharing it is wonderful that you are getting some precious time to enjoy life and do normal things with your son.

God Bless YOU! and I hope this lasts.

I think it's a very good sign. To me it's a sign that everything is syncing in your body. The more you can get into that groove the better.

Thank you guys so much! I feel the love here. Not a more compassionate bunch of people anywhere!

And Tod you're right, I've also been trying to find "correlations" for yrs. There probably aren't any. My only thoughts on the milk is that I seem to be retaining it better, and I am hypovolemic, so maybe just having more blood volume? IDK.

A few years ago, there was article in the news about chocolate milk having more replenishing electroytes than Gatorade + it has protein. I'm not surprisedd you are feeling better.

Many "Naturapaths" have an agenda of some sort (no offense) My sister takes people to see some "gifted healer" and about 100% are dx w "Candida syndrome" (most over dx thing besides stress/adrenal burnout, but I digress!)

...so I say do what your body seems to like or whatever helps you. For some of us it's chocolate, hot dogs, milk, whatever. :)

A few years ago, there was article in the news about chocolate milk having more replenishing electroytes than Gatorade + it has protein. I'm not surprisedd you are feeling better.

Many "Naturapaths" have an agenda of some sort (no offense) My sister takes people to see some "gifted healer" and about 100% are dx w "Candida syndrome" (most over dx thing besides stress/adrenal burnout, but I digress!)

...so I say do what your body seems to like or whatever helps you. For some of us it's chocolate, hot dogs, milk, whatever. :)

I totally agree with you on the naturapathic doctor. He's not really helped me at all except for finding me a good quality magnesium supplement. The worst part is I signed a year contract with him. I have to see him once a month and it's $50.00 a month! Uggggg. I signed up a few months ago when I was desperate for help, and so fed up with conventional doctors. Desperate people will do desperate things. My brain fog was so bad that day too, I just remember not being able to think clear and he told me it would be so much cheaper this way. I wish there was a way I could get out of it. Honestly we, like everyone else are in debt already. I could use that money much more efficiently. Oh well.

Great news ... I'm sure you're enjoying it ... not to burst your bubble, but I've done this 3 times since 2006 but have no idea why. Each time it lasted 3 weeks ... not that this means your healthy period will end in 3 weeks. Some people spontaneously improve from POTS or CFS.

Yikes. $50 a month for a year sounds like such a rip off ... I hope he's provided some real tests for you. Like a CDSA (comprehensive digestion stool analysis), hormone saliva test, etc ...

On the dairy ... have you looked at what all is in dairy that you're body may be missing out on ? I love dairy ... but ... I get dark circles around my eyes everytime and my doctor said that means I can't have it. I don't get any other symptoms so I was willing to live with the dark circles but that didn't fly either ... :)

Before you disregard the info about how foods affect us you may want to read this ... Turns out that drug companies know this and are designing drugs to counter act how foods affect us.

http://www.edinformatics.com/interactive_m..._drugs_work.htm

TC ... Marcia

Good for you, notgivin up!!! I have had a nice remission for a few months last year...I think - it's so hard to tell w/ POTS. The only thing that struck me about the milk is that I am testing whether Vitamin D helps me or not. Last year during my relative 'remission', I was taking Vit D and walking a lot (need to resume the walking!!) I am trying to do these 2 things again to see if there is anything to my theory of what helps me. May mean nothing, but we'll see!!

Sophia you're so right.........I'm slipping big time from my personal training days. There were a couple of studies showing chocolate milk to be better for pre and post workout than gatorade. I think I'm going to get on the chocolate milk band wagon :) with my morning and evening vitamins. I'll let you know how it works for me.

GREAT NEWS! Get out there and do some living while you're feeling good, and my biggest wish is that you continue to feel this way, and even better!

A break from your illness - how absolutely lovely. Enjoy every second - I'm so happy for you. I'm going to go out today and buy a whole lot of milk!

Re the naturopath - I spent tens of thousands of dollars over decades in a search for help for my mystery illness. I tried every type of alternative therapy and took every suspicious-looking substance. Nothing helped me, and no-one gave my money back when their treatments failed.

Dianne

A break from your illness - how absolutely lovely. Enjoy every second - I'm so happy for you. I'm going to go out today and buy a whole lot of milk!

Re the naturopath - I spent tens of thousands of dollars over decades in a search for help for my mystery illness. I tried every type of alternative therapy and took every suspicious-looking substance. Nothing helped me, and no-one gave my money back when their treatments failed.

Dianne

Ugggg, I hear ya. Sorry.

Sophia you're so right.........I'm slipping big time from my personal training days. There were a couple of studies showing chocolate milk to be better for pre and post workout than gatorade. I think I'm going to get on the chocolate milk band wagon :blink: with my morning and evening vitamins. I'll let you know how it works for me.

Todd, seriously please if you try the chocolate milk let us know if it even makes a tiny difference. Milk DOES have complete protein lots of vitamin D (which we all need), calcium and IODINE. I have no idea how iodine fits into this equation but it has lots of it. I think it has something to do with thyroid hormones.

• 2 weeks later...

Updating. Still feeling good. My period hit two days ago and I'm a tad bit lightheaded, but ok. Still have to be VERY mindful of the heat. On the hottest days I stay in, or it will affect me.

Otherwise I'm a million times better. Still drinking two or 3 large glasses of milk a day. And eating pop tarts, lots of them. I'm on 90mg cymbalta, 2 klonapin,1 morning, and 1 before bed, and zyrtec, 2 a day. That's all. Yesterday I woke up, got out of bed and started doing stuff around the house. I totally forgot I was sick! I even forgot to take my meds. Of course as soon as I remembered I took them.

Anyway just wanted to put some hope out there. I've been dealing with this for going on 4 yrs. maybe it can go away. Of course it's always in the back of my mind, that it could come back full force. I'm trying to stay in a positive mind set.

I also am very happy for you and hope it lasts, but enjoy every moment you can. I have had maybe a day here and there where I feel"normal" but haven't been lucky enough to have weeks at a time, yet anyway.

Sometimes when I am not on the website it is because I am not having good days, so I am so glad for you it was the opposite and you were having too much fun with your 5 year old.

Blessings to you!

I am very happy for you, but at the same time, jealous(but in a good way!). It WOULD be nice to know exactly what brought you this remission/cure(hopefully cure!). I bet everyone else was just like me--what did she do or take differently that all the sudden she is well???? Definitely enjoy it and do all those things you've been dreaming of doing!