Dizzy Getting Up To The Bathroom At Night

Machair

Does anyone find that if they get up too quickly during the night to visit the bathroom that they feel very dizzy and unstable? I had this last night and had to grab hold of the wall.

I have an awful time at night because my medications are all worn off by then. The dr said mestinon really helps with night time pots symptoms because it last longer but I was allergic to it. DDAVP is the only med I can take at night that helps. I take a pill and drink water. The DDAVP makes my body hold onto water so my blood volume is higher and I am able to get to and from the bathroom most nights without a huge problem.

Yes, I deal with this pretty much every night that I have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. I do take my anti-anxiety meds and Trazodone at night, though. It helps me sleep, but also lowers my BP a little more so that I'm dizzier than usual....I have pretty low BP.

Guest tearose

Goodness yes! Every night sometimes more than once. I have had to get on the floor and crawl to get to the bathroom swiftly and safely!

Our blood pressure often drops to the lowest during sleep.

I do have Pneumonia right now, but I ended up in the Christmas tree last night or early am. I didn't know weather to push my new lifeline button as I wasn't quite sure if I had broken my ankles and wrist. when I got up my Bp was 85/60 my laying was 140/ 70. This flu had done me in. To top it all off today I got my antibiotics from the drug store as the Er gave me some to tide me over. I broke open the bag and took my cardizem cd that looked just like the antibiotics. Now I had 3 full doses of it in my system. Suddenly I felt sick and had the worst heartburn ever and then got a real drunk feeling before a dead tired hit me. Dr made me stay in bed all afternoon with my home maker in the house watching me. I think I sprained my whole body really bad.

Now wicked bad paps are starting. I'm going back to bed NOW!

One more thing, even without pneumonia, I fall into everything. Once I landed in the sink.

Yes. And be careful. I woke up early one Thanksgiving morning to use the bathroom and became disoriented, dizzy, had gray out and fell and broke my elbow. Hit my elbow on a corner of the wall going down. When I could realize what had happened, I noticed that my head was less than a half inch from that same corner. Broken elbow not a lot of fun, but a broken head would have probably been less so. Finally got myself up, knowing that I had broken something. Went back to bed and passed out for a couple hours (very normal with a broken bone) figuring that another hour or two in bed would make little difference.

Nights are prime fainting time for me. I take xanax at bedtime to try to control the tremors which doesn't help. I crawl to the bathroom some times during the night!

Brye

I trained myself so i dont have to go to the toilet in during the night because it makes me very dizzy with hot and cold flashes, i also get bad vision problems and ear ringing. In fact its ALWAYS a big problem to get up for me after sleeping. Therefore i have an office chair with rolls on parked next to my bed. I sit on it and roll wherever i have to go .

did i mention i recently got a bedside commode? I hide it with a beautiful cover so it serves as a lovely chair by day. that really helps. Now I need to just stop eating at night in the new year as I bounce from wall to wall to the kitchen for food and I do this thing like near passing out while walking. my head will bob and I'll fall asleep and then I quickly wake. It happens over and over again till I get to a safe place or I fall. Does anyone know what I mean? It is scary, like trying to watch a movie laying down and your falling asleep feeling.

bellamia~