Still Here...

Broken_Shell

Hi All,

I just wanted to post a quick update since it has been so long since I have visited or posted. I continue to have problems with my arms. They think it is something called "Thoracic Outlet Syndrome," but it has been hard for me to spend much time on the computer at all because of the pain and numbness. Added to everything else, I am feeling pretty devastated and disgusted with my body's seeming continuous mission to take away every last thing I have resembling a life. You are all in my thoughts though, and I wish you a happy holiday with a chance for 2010 to be a better year for all of us.

~ Michelle (Broken_Shell)

Hi. I don't think we've met. I'm sorry you're going through so much and I wanted to let you know that you'll be in my thoughts.

and btw, you have a beautiful screen name.

Happy Holidays

Hi All,

I just wanted to post a quick update since it has been so long since I have visited or posted. I continue to have problems with my arms. They think it is something called "Thoracic Outlet Syndrome," but it has been hard for me to spend much time on the computer at all because of the pain and numbness. Added to everything else, I am feeling pretty devastated and disgusted with my body's seeming continuous mission to take away every last thing I have resembling a life. You are all in my thoughts though, and I wish you a happy holiday with a chance for 2010 to be a better year for all of us.

~ Michelle (Broken_Shell)

I'm so sorry. I understand totally, I do. I wish there was something I could say to make it better.

Devastated an disgusted, with your body. I know me too. Although I feel better than I did. This crap has been with me 3 years now. Hard to plan anything. Hard to raise a 5 year old. Just try to keep up with other moms who are half your age and NOT sick. It's an impossible task. Not that I should even try. But I feel as though I'm somehow letting him down if I don't do all these things like the other moms.

Again I'm so sorry. ****hugs****. Let's hope for a better new year. You never know a cure may be just around the corner. Or at least a better understanding of this ****. And proper treatments.

(((((((Sending you lots of love and hugs.))))))))))

I will say a special prayer for you right now that this too shall pass.

Sometimes I just feel like and old car that keep having one more

thing break down after another, and I'm ready for the junk yard.

Then I remember the God doesn't make junk and I pray for you, me,

and anyone else who could use a prayer and then I don't feel so bad.

Hang in there Sweet one!!!! You have so many who love you!

Bellamia!

Guest tearose

I have minor TOS (thoractic outlet syndrome) and sleep can be a real challenge. If I wind up on my back, my arm fall asleep in a most painful way and wake me with such numbness and pain that I can't even move them. I have found sleeping on my side alleviates this. I also have daytime challenges but not as badly as you. I hope you find ways to manage.

Please don't think your "load" it too much to manage. Share the load and sk for the creative ways and grace to find ways to move forward and you will.

best regards,

tearose

Guest tearose

Oh, a question,

I have a inherited condition "sunken chest" that they believe creates the TOS. Do you know why you have TOS?

I wonder at times if the closeness of our ribs to our heart because of TOS makes some of the chest pains we feel. I have had some minor pericardial effusion at times seen on film and I have felt it. It was serious only once. It resolved with rest. Have you ever noticed more tightness or shortness of breath?

I've been thinking about your trouble with typing on the computer and wanted to try something to see if it may help you. I tried elevating my laptop to see if my arms feel differently, it feels worse to type at table level but much better to lower my laptop 10 inches and type. Try to type at a different angle. I sure don't want you to not be able to reach out to others!!

tearose

Dear Michelle,

My thoughts are with you as I'm struggling through a very low period too, where my body just seems to keep bringing my functioning down further and further. I am so sorry to hear about your arm problems, and hope they can find something that can help you deal with it successfully. Keep the hope, and happy holidays for you and all of us with wishes for a brighter 2010.

Take care,

Jana

jana,

hang in there sweet one. you make so many people happy and you are such a wonderful friend. the added stress of the holidays here and the cold are making pots hard to live with these days. this day always makes me sad, as a long, long time ago I almost died having an ectopic pregancy. I always remember what might have been. we all have stuff going on. my list gets longer every day.

I'm with you and hope next year is better for us all~

love you,

bellamia~

Thank you all for your support... it means more to be than I could say. My bowel symtpoms have also suddenly flared in the past week after being tolerable since September, so I am just feeling worse and worse and more and more discouraged. Your words hugged my heart, and I pray that at least one of us WILL see a better 2010.

P.S. Tearose, I believe that physical deformities like sunken chest can contribute to TOS. I haven't noticed a change in my heart symptoms since developing TOS, but I do experience shortness of breath more frequently.

~ Broken_Shell :D

I feel for you so much Michelle! I seem to be right there with you. I have not posted in ages, have had two week-plus hospital stays in less than a month. It makes one feel so defeated when one's own body can not even be relied on. I have just been so exhausted it has simply been too much for me to get online and write anything. But I am fighting for my health and pursuing every avenue towards wellness, if only to have some thing to do! :rolleyes:

You, and all of my fellow POTSy people who are struggling right now are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that the holidays do not overwhelm with stress and that we all find what comfort we may in our families and friends. May the new year bring far better tidings for all of us!

Sandy

My Motto since June of 2008 is 'i miss ME'.

Today is no different - I soooo understand where you are coming from -

I always heard that we have to reinvent ourselves at different ages -

I just never realized that my reinvention would be this young (well - 46) -

And wouldn't actually include the "ME" I have always known.

I am still searching - But I know there is a purpose for all of this.

I too have the pain and numbness in my arms & hands - but mine comes from a different source.

It truly is frustrating for our bodies to turn against us - to have the memories of what they can do - but no longer the abilities.

Hold tight to your faith - the verse at the end of your signature truly puts it into a nutshell -

(LOVE your screen name!!!)

Our pain and trials in this life are building our mansions in Heaven -

With prayers for your comfort -

(((gentle Hugs)))

TL

Sweet Michelle,

I'm so sorry that you are going through all of this. What a kind, compassionate wonderful person you are. You don't deserve this. And your optimism always shines through.

I know you are going through a tough time and yet you still have the time to think and care for others.

May you have a wonderful holiday season, knowing that you are loved by many of us on the boards.

I hope things get better for you and for everyone in 2010.

With love and hugs,

Rene