Quilt For Dinet

maggie

Hi my name is Maggie and I have been on this chat forum for a few months now and can't say how important this site is to me. I have pots and when I found this site it has helped me so much. I enjoy all the discussions and questions that everyone raises and it's really good to know I'm not the only one out here with this. I saw the notice asking for stories from Michelle Sawicki and wrote her that I can't write, but I can quilt. I'm am an heriloom quilter and have had to give up my business due to pots. I can still quilt, but I can't do the art shows because of pots. I offered Michelle to do a quilt for dinet and she liked the idea. I know everyone here likes the site because of the privacy that it brings. In order to do this quilt my thoughts are: 1 you can pm me with your address if you want and I will send you your quilt square. It will be 51/2" square. You may place anything you would like on this piece of fabric, I would like it to have something to do with you personally. It should have your code name on it, maybe your dx and some thought you would like to see used, all written in permenant ink. Please only use 5 inches of the square, I need 1/4 around to sew it together. When the quilt is finished we will upload it so all can see and maybe acution it off for dinet. I hope you all get involved with this project and I'm looking forward to working on it and with you.

Maggie

Wow, this sounds so fun, and what a great way to keep your special tallent going. I have always wanted to quilt, but lacked the time to learn how. I would be interested in doing this, but how talented do you need to be? I have no special skills in the area of sewing and such. I am glad you are doing this, and hope it will be a big success.

Suzy

Wow, this sounds so fun, and what a great way to keep your special tallent going. I have always wanted to quilt, but lacked the time to learn how. I would be interested in doing this, but how talented do you need to be? I have no special skills in the area of sewing and such. I am glad you are doing this, and hope it will be a big success.

Suzy

Suzy you do not need any talent at all for this project. The only think I'm asking of you is when you recieve you square you can write on it with a permanent pen anything you would want to share. I would like to see you use the same name that you do on the forum so once the quilt is done the others from this forum will know you did that square. I will be buying the fabric and sewing it together and quilting it, couldn't get much simpler. I look forward to see everyone's squares and putting them together. Have fun!

Maggie

Sounds great, Maggie. I'm sending you my address. When you're done with the quilt could you post a photo of it?

That's the best part is finishing the quilt and uploading the picture for all those who use the forum to enjoy. I hope this project brightens up each person's day whether they contribute to the quilt or just look at the picture. Thanks for helping me out with this I'm looking forward to seeng everyone's own personal square.

Maggie

Hi my name is Maggie and I have been on this chat forum for a few months now and can't say how important this site is to me. I have pots and when I found this site it has helped me so much. I enjoy all the discussions and questions that everyone raises and it's really good to know I'm not the only one out here with this. I saw the notice asking for stories from Michelle Sawicki and wrote her that I can't write, but I can quilt. I'm am an heriloom quilter and have had to give up my business due to pots. I can still quilt, but I can't do the art shows because of pots. I offered Michelle to do a quilt for dinet and she liked the idea. I know everyone here likes the site because of the privacy that it brings. In order to do this quilt my thoughts are: 1 you can pm me with your address if you want and I will send you your quilt square. It will be 51/2" square. You may place anything you would like on this piece of fabric, I would like it to have something to do with you personally. It should have your code name on it, maybe your dx and some thought you would like to see used, all written in permenant ink. Please only use 5 inches of the square, I need 1/4 around to sew it together. When the quilt is finished we will upload it so all can see and maybe acution it off for dinet. I hope you all get involved with this project and I'm looking forward to working on it and with you.

Maggie

Hi Maggie,

This is such a wonderful idea!! I will send you my address shortly. I don't know much about quilting but if you need any materials please let me know. Thanks!

Stephanie

Hi Maggie,

what a wonderful idea! I'd love to have a square for "Flop". I'm based in the UK so I don't know if posting the fabric to me would be too expensive / too slow? If the distance is a problem maybe I can get Rachel to write on my square for me?

Flop

neat idea....count me in too! (address coming shortly)

{ & if anyone oversees isn't able to do a square for themselves i'm happy to help do any/ all of theirs "by proxy", i.e. in the way they might want it done...or at least close to it!!}

Hi Maggie,

what a wonderful idea! I'd love to have a square for "Flop". I'm based in the UK so I don't know if posting the fabric to me would be too expensive / too slow? If the distance is a problem maybe I can get Rachel to write on my square for me?

Flop

Hey Flop,

Your square is in the mail. I don't mind sending anyone a square who is out of the country, I hope you don't mind putting the postage on to send it back. It will make the quilt that more special to have squares from all over the world. So for those of you outside the U.S. sending those addresses or send me what you would like on your square and I'll copy your work to be put on a square. Looking forward to getting all these squares in the mail!

Maggie

I would love to participate also, so I'm PM'ing you my address. Thanks for such a wonderful idea. Perhaps this will start other projects where we can raise money for the organization and get a speaker and perhaps a mini-conference some day.

Jana