Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by all4family

  1. Hi everyone, I have also had a bad experience with chiropractic adjustment. The problem was that my neck wasn't ready to be cracked. It did crack on the one side, where I always get a crack, but when he tried the other side nothing, and unfortunatly he tried 3 times. What I have found is very similar to what Ashelton describes which is that my neck almost adjusts itself. The symptoms build as the neck is getting tighter, and usually after a neck massage some time after that it cracks. I stretch it, but it is minimal that I stretch it. And this is what was making me better for quite some time.
  2. Hi, Made me feel good to know I'm not the only one. When I first got sick I was a regular ER visitor. I was labled crazy. Never helped except when given an iv once in a while helped me pull out a little. After diagnoses once when I passed out in public, and was told by a mean nurse to go home and not come back. I do faint, but don't go to the hospital for it, unless I don't come to, then I won't have a choice....I just come to, and then lay down a lot. Suzy
  3. Hi everyone, I just posted a little while ago because my symptoms flaired after my neck cracked, and my symptoms flaired back up. At my doctor I found that what I had wondered and suspected all along was true, and that was that my neck problem, which is actually spinal cord compression of the c-4 and c-5 would cause the problems I was having. So while suffering again and looking for some type of peace with it I was searching on your tube, and the first video I found was a girl with EDS who got dysautonomia when she sublexed (partially dislocated) her neck. For me all my problems started a coup
  4. LMG, when I was at my worse was about 2 years that was 2004 to 2006. These years consisted of drug treatments and interactions, then a year of recovering from those reactions. My illness at this time was severe, and without going on and whining about it I will just say that I could not have gone on that way for long. then from 2006 to 2008 I was still pretty sick, but was happy for the function that I had. I was able to get off my floor where I spent almost all my time, and begin joining life again. Each day away from the medications was a better day for me. Then I believe it was 2008 when I w
  5. Hi Naomi and LMG, I have been looking for a neck connection with my illness since it started, because the symptoms started very soon after I had side to side whiplash, and as time went on were relieved by my neck "cracking" which by the way is something I do because my body tells me to, not because I am trying to fix it. I did go to a chiropracter once in the beginning of this, but he did a quick crack which he was able to do on one side, and then tried 3 times on the other side with no results. That ended up being not such a good thing for me, so I quit going, but never stopped looking for th
  6. Hi Hanna, Did you also have the antibodies to the ganglia? I have luckily had longer and longer stretches of doing well, which I can't say enough about. Sorry yours flairs up so often. When I was first sick it was 24hrs 7 days a week no relief for probably the first 3 years. I actually just came from my natural Dr today, who specializes in something with the bones etc. but not just chiropractic. When I gave her all my medical records she looked at them, then I handed her the one where my c-4 and c-5 were compressing my spinal cord. It was like a light went off in her head, and she told me ever
  7. Hi Sue, and thank you. I believe most of it boiled down to one big thing for me, but it was also a lot of other little things I did. When I first got sick one of the tests that came back abnormal for me was a pinched nerve in my neck. Or so I thought thats what it was. I always had a very tight neck, and I had this internal need to always crack it in the direction it needed to go. And it wasn't like a chiro crack it would get so tight I could barely move, then it would crack so bad people could here it in another room of my house. Well it started to crack a lot, and I noticed a pattern of it c
  8. Hi to everyone! I am a member who came to this site in 2008 when I first found out that I may have autoimmune dysautonomia. I used to come here often and always found so much support and compassion. I have seen quite a few names here from before that I remember, and it is good to see you all again. Wish under better circumstances. I learned a lot in dealing with my illness from here, and was well on my road to recovery....I would even say I was 80 to 90 percent better. Until recently I became dehydrated from working outside in the heat, and had a couple other things happen, when wham out of th
  9. Hi Brynne, I actually made a similar post after I was first diagnosed. My husband bought me a wheelchair, and I was torn between wanting to have the freedom to do things, and what the wheelchair meant to me. In the end I couldn't have been happier that he bought it for me. I now have an electric wheelchair, and a manual one. I had been doing pretty good and in fact believed myself to be better, and the wheelchair sat in my shed for probably about 7 or 8 months. I just recently pulled it back out. If you are on here asking about it, I really don't believe you will become dependant. Any time I c
  10. Hi dani, I am an old member that hasn't been on for about a year now, but I decided to read some posts today, and really wanted to answer yours. I just wanted to say that it doesn't matter what your choice is you will feel bad for being sick. I had my kids at home when I first got sick, and it was difficult, but what I wanted to do. I actually had someone tell me that I was being a bad mom, and I should put my kids in daycare because it wasn't fair to them to watch me be sick all the time. That they needed to be around healthy people. They didn't know because they didn't know me very well, but
  11. Yes. I really believe it can get better on it's own. I am doing better. I believe that I am going to have full recovery. It just takes some time. Meds made me sicker, and the longer I am off them the better I feel. But that is for me. I posted"what's in a name", and it explains how I am doing better. Don't lose hope. Positive thinking can only help. And you obviously like to think positive as you are on here looking for positive input. Suzy
  12. Yes. I really believe it can get better on it's own. I am doing better. I believe that I am going to have full recovery. It just takes some time. Meds made me sicker, and the longer I am off them the better I feel. But that is for me. I posted"what's in a name", and it explains how I am doing better. Don't lose hope. Positive thinking can only help. And you obviously like to think positive as you are on here looking for positive input. Suzy
  13. Hi again everyone, So good to see so many familiar names, and a couple of new ones too! Broken Shell, so good to hear from you. I remember not to long back both you and I were going through a rough patch together. I hope that means your doing well now too. Hi Jan, good to hear from you! The drug metabolizing test was one I had done at mayo. If you are missing pathways for the drugs to travel through you don't metabolize them like normal people. So a normal adult dose would be like an overdose for me. And for about 8 months I was on all different kind of drugs while they were trying to figure
  14. Hello Everyone. For those of you who remember me hello, and sorry I haven't been around. My computer was hit by a virus and was put to rest!! For Christmas I was given the choice of a new camera, (one I have been wanting my whole life!) Or a new computer. Needless to say I have taken many beautiful photographs! In my grandmothers things though was an old but workable computer. So here I am. And for those I haven't met yet I look forward to talking to you. I thought I would come here, and share with you all how I have been doing. First of all I have improved greatly with my health. But I be
  15. Momtogiuliana, Thank you so much. It is so much harder on the kids isn't it? Mine are a little older, 13 and 10, but this is the first death (other then a pet frog) that they have experienced, and I am proud of how well they are handling it. They have been very helpful with all that we have had to do this last week. gomindy21, thank you for the prayers and encouragement. Sorry I haven't been here. This week we had to clean out my grandmas house which was both physically and emotionally draining. I am very grateful to have been left with what I needed to handle it for the most of it. There wa
  16. Hi AZ girl, No experience here, but will sure be praying for you. I know you will do well, and I know you are in good hands! Hugs Suzy
  17. Julie, Thank you, and it is good to be back. Maxine, thank you, my grandma was 83. We have all lived close together our whole lives. When one moved for a job or something everyone follows. My grandma bought houses with "granny pads" in them. Usually they were shared with my mom, but for these last years it was my uncle. She had a good life, and was pretty independant right up untill her last day at home. She went to my Uncle, and said I'm dying. I was greatful for the extra time in the hospital, because her birthday just passed, and I was too sick to go to her house. I figured I would go and s
  18. Thank you all for the compasion and understanding. Amy thank you. We have all been very close, and that is helping us find peace, and good memories. Sophia, thank you. It has been quite a week, things are starting to settle down now though. Firewatcher, ((((((hugs)))))) back and thanks! Broken shell, so sorry about your grandmother also. Even though I knew it would happen sooner or later, it didn't make it easier when it did. Were you close with your grandma? I feel I was given what I needed to be able to handle what was coming, but I sure hope the change in symptoms last. Losing my grandma
  19. Hi everyone, Sorry I haven't been around in so long. I was very sick, and down for a while, then I started to feel really good. Not perfect, but great for me. I was trying to finish my kitchen with that energy, and juggling kids activities etc., when my inlaws called and said they were coming in from out of town, so I spent quite a bit of time cleaning construction dust and trying to find places to hide all my tools, and kitchen stuff as I had no place to put it until my cabinets were done. The night before they were supposed to come in I got a call my grandma was in the hospital. they ventil
  20. Hi Jana, I love doctors who will watch those shows. It means there minds are open for things that are out of the ordianry. Yes I did see the show on POTS. She was diagnosed with orthostatic Intolerance on the one I watched, was it the same? It was good, but I didn't feel it portraid the disease for what it was. To me they made it seem like she just had to take a pill, and then she was fine after that. But at least it gets the name out there. Maybe for some of those open minded doctors who are watching! I've missed you too. AZgirl, sorry you had to fire a couple of doctors, but glad it worked
  21. I am so glad you went and got that kind of help. Sometimes just answers can give us a peace of mind that is priceless. How much vitamin D did he give you? I was given 50,000 ius. of the D3. Let me know if it helps you. Glad you made the trip, I know that traveling can be so hard, but glad it was worth it for you. Hugs Suzy
  22. My decision for this is easy, and my opinions are based on my own history. I was never warned about potential neurological problems before recieving a regular flu shot. my first one. No one is warned of these, so unless they go looking they don't learn the information. With the big threat of the "bird" flu when it was first running around, they (mass media) was warning people to get there regular flu shots because this was going to turn into this "pandemic". Well I had never had a flu shot in my life, but was very concerned about this, so I took my kids (who never got the flu to begin with) to
  23. Hi Michelle, We seemed to hit that hard bump in the road around the same time. I am so sorry to hear you are still having a hard time also. I totally understand not being able to be on the computer. Even though I have a laptop, and am able to lay down, when I am so sick I just can't keep a thought going, let alone get my fingers cordinated enough to type. I sure hope you get the bleeding problem under control soon. You will sure be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care. Hugs Suzy
  24. Just wanted to say hi and let everyone know I'm still out here. I've been through quite a rough patch lately, but hope I am pulling out of it. Sorry I didn't check in earlier. I get downhearted and tend to withdrawl when I am so sick. (never mind the fact I just don't have the energy to think let alone type!) But I know you all know how that goes!! I did go to my local doctor. He is a D.O. My whole goal was to get in and get out while appearing to be just fine! In truth I am better then I was years ago, but I sure wish that meant I was "better"! I really liked him. He was super nice, and not p
  25. Hi Jan, Thank you. I am praying. I am kind of wishing I wouldn't of said anything, and just let him pull the teeth blindly, but that won't help me in the long run. Thanks for your support. Hugs Suzy
  • Create New...