Happy News

Rachel

I have some happy news to share. We are expecting a baby in December! I am about 12 weeks along, and both the baby and I are doing very well. I have a good ob/gyn and cardiologist, so I will have excellent care during my pregnancy. There are obviously going to be some big challenges, and life will be hard, but we are very excited about this new little blessing and addition to our family.

Rachel

I've already said my congrats in private, but here for all to see:

GOOD HEALTH to you BOTH. xxoo Nina, Teri, Wilbur, Moja & Abbi

I don't really get nausea when I'm pregnant. I have nausea anyway because of gastroparesis, but it isn't made worse by pregnancy. I just get a few food aversions and a heigntened gag reflex. Certain foods (like yogurt) make me gag when I'm pregnant. Weird, huh?

I had some complications earlier in my pregnancy with a subchorrionic hemorrhage. That is where part of the placenta tears away from the uterine wall and a blood clot develops. Thankfully, that has now fully resolved. My body absorbed the clot, and everything looks completely normal again! (Subchorrionic hemorrhages are unrelated to dysautonomia. I had a "normal" problem for once!)

• 1 month later...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Sounds scary the complications...my neice in law in Seattle had that in early pregnancy and was on COMPLETE bed rest for weeks or months (forget now)

BUT she just gave birth a healthy BOY last TuesdaYy. :)

(**dang, can't believe I had to edit..she had a boy!! not a girl**)