Going To The Hospital

Ernie

Hi everyone,

I am going to the hospital for 2-3 days and I am leaving at noon today. I have a colonoscopy + biopsy and because of the severe syncope and paralysis when fasting my doctor hospitalises me. So I hope I will be back home Saturday.

Love you all.

Hi,

Thank you for your kind wishes and the nice flower.

I'm a bit nervous because I asked to have the colonoscopy cold turkey and I hope they will do so because I cannot tolerate Versed and many other meds. I also hope I will be able to manage the pain during the procedure.

I'll write you when I come out of the hospital.

I will be thinking of all of you.

Love

Ernie, I know it must be so hard to put yourself back in the hospital, but I'm sending thoughts that they're able to sort everything out for you and you're able to get home ASAP. With love, Nina

My Dear Friends,

I am back from the hospital. I just have a few minutes ago.

Thanks for sending me positive thought and answering my post.

Everything went fine. The doctors were wonderful and took really good care of me. It's the first time (besides NIH) that I get so well treated. I had IVs all the time I was there and it made a huge difference.

I did not faint or paralyse at all. I am so excited about being so well treated that I am on cloud nine.

• 1 month later...

Ernie,

Did you end up going cold turkey on the colonoscopy? I ask because I would love to avoid the sedation drugs.

If you did, were you able to tolerate the pain?

Propofol is the drug being used to sedate me. It's a short acting anesthesia.

Of course I'm wound up about the whole thing because the history of colon cancer in my family.

How are you doing now Ernie?

Maxine :0)