Social Securtiy

P SUDIK

Just wanted to let you know that after waiting for SSD hearing for 3 yrs.,I received a fully favorable decision yesterday. I had the hearing on July 10,2008,and received the letter yesterday. Thank God. The letter stated I would receive disability for several severe inpairments, POTS being one of them. There was a DR. at my hearing,he knew a little about POTS. After the hearing I gave him some POTS info. I sure wish there was faster way to educate the world on POTS. I still feel like "nobody gets it"( except us of course). Pat

Guest tearose

What a relief! It was so long and it is somewhat sad but also thank goodness!!! I am very happy for you to get this decision.

May I ask what your impairments are?

Thank you for sharing this news Pat.

tearose

Congratulations! Sorry it took so long, but that's great! I hope that this will offer you some relief and peace of mind. We need all the help we can get.

I applied for SSD/SSI just yesterday; I hope that it doesn't take that long, and I hope that I'm approved!

It's encouraging to hear that POTS really is considered a valid medical disability.

Amber

3 years - wow! That's great that you FINALLY got approved!

I was denied the first time through. They said "although you do have POTS, along with other conditions, we believe that your health is still not impaired enough to work a full-time secretarial/sit down job" - something like that. Just reading that was upsetting, because they obviously don't understand what it takes to get to the point of showering, eating and getting dressed in the first place, much less drive to work and work a full shift doing ANYTHING (including SITTING because of the blood pooling - HELLOOOO people!!!). :rolleyes:

This time we decided to try again using an attorney. At least they are more used to the process, and maybe that will help things move along quicker. When we went to the attorney, he said that Ohio is something like 14,000 cases backlogged and that they were starting to send cases out to other states in an attempt to relieve some of it and get up to date on their cases. So you can imagine how many people are probably waiting!

What do you think it was that finally got yours approved? How many times did you have to re-apply for Social Security before the hearing was set? I know we went into more detail about my routine and that type of thing than we did the first time.

Anyway, so glad yours went through for you!! It must be a HUGE weight off your shoulders!! YAY!! :D

Chrissy

Thanks so much for sharing this great news!! I'm so happy for you!

Lisa

Congratulations!!! I only wish that it had happened faster for you (it sounds like a very long and stressful process). Hopefully it will help to decrease your stress etc. with everything else going on.

The info on how much Ohio is backlogged does not make me feel any better, if I get to the point of needing to file etc. I wish there was a better system!

Congratulations!!!!!!! I am so happy for you. I just found out yesterday that i have a hearing coming up on Sept. 10. I am very nervous though. I hope mine goes as good as yours did. I am waiting for a long time too.

Congratulations!!!!!!! I am so happy for you. I just found out yesterday that i have a hearing coming up on Sept. 10. I am very nervous though. I hope mine goes as good as yours did. I am waiting for a long time too.

Thank you, I am hoping the best for you,please let me know how it goes. It was not bad at all,the anticipation is the worst.I know you're nervous,I am sure it will go well best of luck, Pat