At Last

I had a colonoscopy and my usual dilation last week. He gave me a lot more of the meds (I barely have any for my dilation, I'm so used to them, but the colonoscopies hurt more and take longer) but he was looking down my throat and I was feeling the scope squirreling around in my gut, so was awake and the nurse said, I don't see where it's tight enough to be a problem, and I don't see a big stricture and yada yada..

At last people.....my gastro said, in a very brusque manner, "You have no idea how sick she is and her motility is completely shot, even the most subtle stricture is disasterous to her" The nurse was back peddling at the speed of light. He never ever gets annoyed at people. Now, mind you...they think I'm sound asleep and not hearing this conversation, so he is not doing this for my benefit.

I told him later that his validation was all I ever wanted. He said, but it was just the truth. I said, but to hear you defend me to people, you will never know how that makes me feel. I think it finally hit him at that moment. I am not asking him to cure me, just to believe me, validate me, and not let other medical personel get away with that poop. It was so great and since it happens so rarely for me, I had to share it. He is my favorite guy forever.....(he did say I am supposed to be ASLEEP for these, and we both laughed) validatedmorgan

Yay Morgan!!!! It made me so happy to read this. I wanted to shout a big "AMEN" when you said that the doctor doesn't have to fix the problem, but BELIEVE us and AFFIRM us. I'm so happy to read this post. Thanks for telling us. :angry: Even better that he did it when he thought you were asleep. Shows what kind of doctor he is-- one who takes you seriously and has character.

ClappingforyouKristen

Morgan, that brought tears to my eyes. I think most of us who've come to the realization that we're not going to be cured just want to be believed. I'm happy that you got to hear his words on your behalf... how that must have filled your heart, I can totally "get it."

Nina

Hi Morgan,

I'm glad you've come back, and with such great news! You've experience what most only dream about! There are a lot of caring doctors out there, but to have one stick up for you in that way, WOW!

Hi Morgan,welcome back,just want to say "Yea,one for our side" Pat

Morgan,

Thanks for sharing this with us! The circumstances don't sound pleasant but I'm just so happy for you!

Take care,

Lisa ;)

Thanks so much everyone. We are in the middle of moving...It's a long story, about how illness and the inability to work kills you in more ways than one.

I have been thinking for a week at least that my computer is going off, but Dave waited till the last minute. This will be my last post, I think. The house we are moving into is old and he wanted us to have our computers upstairs together and Jake have the basement, but when the guy came there was no phone jack anywhere that he could use!

He finally found some wiring in the basement, but that means the modem has to be there and he will have to share the family room down there with Jake again. There is no place he can place a jack upstairs to accomodate my computer, here we owned, so Dave drilled a hole in the floor, but you can't do things like that in a rental.

He is figuring out if I can get a wireless, but not sure we can swing it. If you hear from me after tonight, this is about the only thing left here, you'll know it happened, otherwise, I'll be seeing you.

If you don't hear from me, I love you all, and could not have made it without your support all these years. I just keep thinking about all the people who say I want my life to be like this....

I will wish you all the best, with the hope that I can wish it all for you again! byebyemorgan

Glad to hear you were validated but am stunned to hear you have had to move into a rental property. Sorry for that. Hope you get back online. wireless is more affordable but don't know how good it is if you are on different floors.

Hope you can stay connected.

morgan, i am very sorry that you had to leave your home. i hope you will be able to make this house into a new home again. al those sacrifices that we need to take/make along our journey makes me feel so helpless.

i do want you to know (that is: if you are able to read this!) that we use a wireless system as well, which is used on 3 floors (guess on which one i am :unsure: ) and it works perfectly well. make sure it gets secured so that it's not to use for others living in your surroundings.

take care morgan, i hope to see you back here,

love,

corina :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Well, my Dave came through and got a wireless hooked up for me. Every time he installed a security system, it all crashed, but he finally got it working. He does love a challenge.

So you all are still stuck with me. The move was brutal, but only in a physical sense. It seems I lost so many things at that other house (including our excellent credit) but this is a nice little house. We got defrauded by a mortgage company and then they stopped Dave's overtime, so there you go. 3 different financial loan officers have said we need to sue the mortgage place, but at this point, I figure they must really want my piece of nothing house, so they can have it. We are doing a "short sale" where we have 90 days to sell it and then they foreclose.

This is just another part of the illness process for some of us, but once we made the decision, we actually felt better. Now Dave doesn't have to come home, chewing off his fingernails, because he's not working a thousand hours a week. He can have his days off, and it's been really nice to actually spend time with him.

Of course we are so tired and I have been so sick from moving, but am looking forward to pulling this house together and making it a home. I will move again when my body is stiff and cold!!!! And not one minute sooner.

I'm glad I still have you guys......missedyamorgan

Glad to see an update Morgan but so sorry to hear you are part of the mortgage problems and should be illegal kind of scams that are going on.

The good thing is if you have a landlord and things go wrong, he replaces it. I don't know how it works in your house...it can vary (some you bring your own appliances..others provide them) I had an apartment years ago that the big company that owned it had great managers. Let you paint or wallpaper and do whatever you want.

Good news, they had to fix AC, replace fridge and stuff. I remember at one time my stove went, and my fridge in a couple month period. Call the office and the next day replaced. And my rent stayed the same...so there are pluses to renting!!

Gotta look at the bright side (Don't you HATE it sometimes when people say that in certain circumstands?!?!)

Anyway, glad you got the wireless deal and Dave has some pressures removed. Thanks for the update.

Morgan,

Sorry to hear about what happened with the morgage company. I see a lot of this in the news lately, and my mother in law is always updating us on all the foreclosures in the area. Morgage companies take advantage of people who are already going through terrible times. My brother and his wife had the same thing happen to them. He's in stage 4 cancer, and has decided to leave his home behind after one of those mortgage predators took advantage of them. He's looking forward to renting, so he can let go of all the worries and concentrate on beating his cancer.

Glad to hear you'll still be connected to us Morgan!

Maxine :0)

Morgan,

I'm sorry to hear about all that you've been through lately but so glad that you were able to get wireless internet!!

I'm glad you're back!! :)

Lisa