Forum Issues--please Be Patient

MightyMouse

We are aware that there are currently some issues with the forum regarding slow loading or misbehaving threads. Tech support is working on it--please be patient as the forum may misbehave and/or have outages until it's all fixed. Additionally, it may look different while we upgrade features, including the DINET logo, which *will* go missing once the upgrade occurs until Michelle and I can upload the logo again.

Nina

You're not kidding!

BTW, those of you using PC's or pc-based servers will likely have more problems than those who are macs. I can get on the forum without any problems from my home network, which is all mac based. However, despite being on a mac at work, the network is run through a pc-based server system. I am NOT currently able to login from my office (I tried at lunch today).

Nina

Ernie

I forgot all about that...that's been happening to ME as well..when i brought it up months ago I was led to believe it was MY computer but others then said they had the same thing.

THIS is why I posted about the most recent issue...others were afraid to come here so I thought folks needed to be made aware.

I understand the site may be down or unavailable until things are fixed, Nina...more important to keep the site secure. :)

But it WOULD be nice if we could go back to staying logged in all the time but I know that is out of the mods hands.

:(:P

Actually, the logout issue isn't part of the forum's misbehavior.

The logout issue is b/c the cookies that hold your login expire after a preset period of time. Nina

well, this is the ONLY site that forgets my 'cookies' and I have gone to 5 other boards and NEVER have to 're log in'.

NEVER had to do that here until the last upgrade...so it's a difference in something technological here (behind the scenes where the tech wizards do the stuff) and not all our invididual computers !!

my cookies are the same. The only place I have to relog into is my yahoo account, every two weeks. but that's always been like that. It's the changes we foggy brained folks notice...once it isn't just US..thus the shyness and embarrassment in ASKING about computer issues...we are told it's "just us". Somedays, it is my swiss cheese brain.

:P:(

well, this is the ONLY site that forgets my 'cookies' and I have gone to 5 other boards and NEVER have to 're log in'.

NEVER had to do that here until the last upgrade...so it's a difference in something technological here (behind the scenes where the tech wizards do the stuff) and not all our invididual computers !!

I think what Nina is saying is that the cookies are DESIGNED to expire periodically, in the same way that your Yahoo cookie expires every two weeks.

I have problems with being logged out too. I use shared computers so never leave myself logged in after a session. Quite often I'll log in and within a couple of minutes I have been logged out - I then can't log back in, really frustrating when I want to post.

Hopefully some of the mystery bugs will soon be fixed.

Flop

Hi everyone,

Hopefully the upgrade will take care of problems people are having with getting logged out. If the problem continues in the coming weeks, please let me know and I'll ask for help from tech support. When you say you get logged out, can you log right back in? The forum does not log you out while you are typing a post or anything, does it? I just want to make sure I am understanding what is happening. I guess I've been lucky and have not been logged out. The only thing I ever experience is sometimes not being automatically logged back in to my next session after previously checking the "remember me on this computer" box in my last session.

Michelle

I will know within another day or so about the log out..though there seemed to be NO rhyme or reason for it to me...sometimes I would be logged in for days..then have to log in twice in the same day...or I would post early one day and if i wanted to make a response later, have to LOG IN.

actually, I find myself coming here as GUEST a lot as logging in seemed like a hassle after YEARS of it never being an issue...so, it's a little thing I guess but when in a hurry or can't read well that day, it's noticeable.

Today I have either been lucky or the issue will start in the next 24 hrs again.

:rolleyes:B)

Thanks Nina & Michelle (& anyone else who's been working on this!)

This is the first time in a week that I've been allowed into the forum. I have lots of reading to do to catch up- Missed you all!

Your "fix" seems to have fixed my inability to get into the forum. Thanks.

Julie