Just Updating

Dizzy Dame

Hi guys,

Geez there are so many new faces here on Dinet! and it seems so many of the old-timers have been on Dinet vacation (myself included). Hello to everyone I haven't spoken to yet! I hope you've all found help and friendship here at Dinet.

I've been absent for the past six months for a variety of reasons. In the fall I was diagnosed with advanced lyme disease after 1.5 years of searching for answers and being very disabled by my POTS and other symptoms. I started antibiotcs in Novemeber of 2006 but very quickly became severely ill after having a Herxheimer reaction to the medication. I spent the entire winter and spring bed-bound, having seizures regularly...and generally feeling like I'd been put through a trash compactor :)

However, in May I restarted treatment (after a 2 month hiatus) on a lower dose of a different medication and so far things are going very well. I've begun to notice small improvements in my energy levels as well as my orthostatic vital signs (I can stand for 5 minutes and my pulse stays under 150!).

I still have a very very long road ahead of me but I'm confident my health will continue to improve, slowly. I just wanted to check in to say hi to all my Potsy friends, and to let you know that so many of you have been in my thoughts and prayers even though Ive been absent for so long.

Anyways, just wanted to stop in and say hello! I hope that others who are going through lyme treatment are having similar improvements!

Hugs,

Lauren

Hi Lauren!!

It's so good to "see" you again. You sure have had a tough year. I have thought about you often and hoped that you were starting to see some improvement. Glad to hear a bit of good news.

I hope that you continue to see improvements. Keep us updated as you can. Thanks for popping in to say hello. :)

Big Hugs!

Rachel

hi lauren!

nice to hear from you. i was wondering about you and hoping you were "missing" because of better health! unfortunately i was wrong and i am very sorry to hear that you've been struggling so much.

i am very glad that you seem to be on the right track now, that is great news!!! keep us posted how you're doing and take it day by day, step by step!

take care,

corina :)

Hi lauren great to see you on here.. ive been wondering about you!! wow you've had a rough road girl.. Im glad to read tho tht your seeing some improvement with meds.. I really hope that it continues well for you!!

love and hugs

linda