Support Group In Ny

sandy

Hi everyone.. I am trying to set a support group to meet on April 7th at 1:00PM in a Starbucks in Queens NY. I also posted on MVPS's forum and I will post on NDRF. For anyone who would like to participate please post or email me at Sparknik2@hotmail.com.. Would love to have as many as possible join in.. <_<;):(

Guest tearose

Will it be near a train station? I don't think it will be an easy journey for me right now. I would love to attend but the trip from home to grand central takes a lot of time and energy. How close to a train from Grand Central to the Starbucks you selected?

I can't decide until I know more about where. Thank you for your efforts too! <_<

tearose

Thanks for the responses. So glad you would like to participate in meeting. I am setting up the meeting to meet in Manhattan. Would love to have you join us. Is April 7th at 1:00Pm ok?? I am waiting to hear back from a few others and I will keep everyone updated. :lol:

i'm nowhere near new york but just wanted to remind folks that the 7th is the day before easter and thus in the midst of some school's spring breaks as well which could affect schedules for some...

i never know the date but just saw it today when i was scheduling med appts it caught my eye.

hope you all are able to meet at some point though. it's always fun to put names with faces.

B) melissa

So So happy to see these responses.. I have responses on other forums for dysautonomia also. So I will keep it for April 7th at 1:00PM in Manhattan. Someone suggested to meet in Grand Central and then go somewhere from there. Whatever is easiest for everyone. If you have any ideas please feel free to post.

Hi Everyone.. Just wanted to keep everyone updated that is definite for April 7th at 1:00pm. There are many areas that we can meet up and if it's nice out we can go to one of the parks. Are most of you coming in through Grand Central or Penn Station?? We need to all put something on us so we can find each other and hook up.. So much looknig forward to meeting. By the way I have been suffering with many palpatations lately.. Very uncomfortable.

Guest tearose

I think most of us were hearing Grand Central, April 7 and 1:00pm. Is this still it? This works for me.

As for where, the big information booth in the center of the main floor is perfect to meet. It is the old, famous booth with the multi-sided clock on top. Just ask all of us to hold a lollipop in our hand or stick a tag on our shirt that says "Sandy" or whatever you want us to do! I will be holding my seat cane, or sitting on it...kinda will make me stick out in a crowd anyway!

There is a coffee shop directly across the street... plenty of places nearby to walk to after we gather.

I am sorry to hear about these new chest palpitations, I hope you can find a way to make them go away.

take care,

tearose

I WANT TO UPDATE EVERYBODY ABOUT THE MEETING SATURDAY, APRIL 7th AT 1:00 pm. IS IT OK WITH EVERYONE TO MEET IN FRONT OF MADISON SQUARE GARDEN NEXT TO PENN STATION ? IT SEEM LIKE IT WOULD BE A CONVIENIENT PLACE FOR EVERYONE, AND FROM THERE WE COULD GO TO STARBUCKS, WHICH IS NEXT DOOR. IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO RECOGNIZE EVERYONE IN THE GROUP, PLEASE WEAR A WHITE RIBBON ON YOUR RIGHT SLEEVE. POST HERE IF YOU INTEND TO GO, AS THIS WILL GIVE ME AN ACURATE IDEA OF HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL ATTEND. LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL.

Hello again.. Just wanted to inform everyone that if it is raining there is an overhead right in front of the Garden that we can wait for each other..If anyone has any questions please feel free to email me at Sparknik2@hotmail.com.. Hoping that everyone will be able to make it..

Hi Everyone, So I went to Manhattan on Saturday and waited in front of Madison Square Garden till 1:30 and no one showed up.. One person said that they arrived at 1:10 but did not see anyone with a white ribbon and left.. MSG was packed because they were having a circus that day so it would have been hard to spot anyone. But I was dissapointed to see no one showed. I must admit I did not plan it well so hopefully if I ever try again it will be a better turn out.. Well it was not a wasted day cause my husband and I spent the rest of the day in the city. I must say it was very cold but it turned out to be nice..