Hi there

corina

Since I'm new on this forum I just wanted to say hi to all of you. I'm from Holland and diagnosed with POTS for about 4 months, although my cardio thought of POTS 2 years ago. My neurologist told me there are just a few POTSpatients in Holland so I was very glad to have found all of you and I've been reading your posts for a couple of weeks and already learned much more about this crazy thing called POTS. I hope you're all doing well and that my english is good enough to talk to you. Love from Holland, Corina

Welcome Corina,

Your english is just fine - better than mine on most days. I have such a dizzy, foggy head that I have trouble thinking and I can't remember how to spell even simple words at times.

There are a lot of friendly, supportive people on this discussion board and I have learned much from them.

Best Wishes,

Susan

Welcome Corina,

I am so glad that you found us also. This is such a great group of people and we all share which helps us all to learn more about our conditions.

My name is Vickie and I llive in Ohio, USA.. I have POTS and NCS. NCS is Neurocardiogenic Syncope if you never have heard of it. It also is an Autonomic Nervous System disorder (ANS)..

Your English is great. Better than mine a lot of the times.

Feel free to post anytime or ask any kind of questions and we will help help you as much as we can. Just remember we are like family here.

Hope you are doing well.

Vickie :rolleyes:

Welcome to our board Corina :rolleyes: Feel free to ask any questions that you might have, or add your comments.

Holland is actually the only country in Europe that I've ever visited (so far! I'm going to Switzerland, Germany, Croatia and Istria in 2 weeks).

How lucky you are to have found a doctor who was able to make a diagnosis! We've had many posts from folks in Europe (mostly the UK) who have had a heck of a time getting adequate healthcare.

BTW, as for the comment about your perfect English, if I remember correctly, you're school systems teach your native language plus English, correct? Most of the people I met in the Netherlands spoke English, Dutch and German. I was in Papendal (the olympic training village) for a special education conference (we also spent time in Amsterdam)--and even the children with impairments spoke English and Dutch! I wish the US education system was as efficient at teaching languages. Your English proficiency exceeds that of many Americans.

Thank you very much for giving me such a warm welcome. I really would like to talk to all of you but I've got this mixed up feeling: I'm glad to have found so many (for dutch measures) people having the same medical trouble I have but I'm sad we all have to deal with this. Anyway, Ernie I don't know anyone from Canada so it's very nice meeting you too. And mightymouse it's true we do learn english at the age of 8. My children (9 and 13) can talk and read english a bit and it helps them in playing computergames.

Susan I feel dizzy and fogheaded as well. It scared me terribly when I woke up one morning and didn't know where I was, what day it was or what I was doing. After 30 minutes I came back to earth and thought I couldn't be normal being like this. I read in your posts that some of you have this as well and it reassured me I'm not the only one (although I'm very sorry for everyone who has this).

Corina

Welcome aboard, Corina! It's nice to know that you have friends all over the world; unfortunatelym, it's a shame we have to meet like this. What treatment are you on? Perhaps we can learn from you. I remember my former cardiologist sharing with me an article by Dutch researchers on exercise and POTS. In particular, I remember the section on crossing your legs when you are standing. It really helps!

Keep on talking! We're with you all the way! :)

Goldicedance,

I don't know anything of an article on exercises bydutch researchers. I do have a terrific physical therapist which whom I've made a long list of exercises which we tried to do. Of all that exercises there are 3 left which I'm able to do in their gym. It takes me one hour to do them but I use all the muscles that are important to me. So three times a week I go over there by (motorized) bike and exercise. It's nice for me to go there because I 'm out of the house (i'm not able to work anymore) and see some people. My therapist also told me about crossing your legs and it defintely works on me. (I used it today when I was at my therapists and couldn't walk all the way to her room which was about 15 meters!!!).

As well as the exercises I'm on betablockers (selokeen in a very high dose but it works on me) and midodrine (i'm still trying to get the right dose it doesn't work on me right now).

It really is nice to have friends all over the world!!!

Corina,

So glad you found us!! This site has helped me more than I can say! :angry: There is much support and compassion here and you will always be able to find someone who TRULY understands what you are going through.

Please don't hesitate to ask any question and share your concerns. We are all here for each other. :)

Look forward to hearing lots more from you and welcome once again!

Danelle

I have also had the episodes when I woke up and didn't know where I was, aho I was, who was in bed with me, (turned out to be my husband! :) ) and, most importantly - I didn't know where the bathroom was! I quit driving after getting lost on my way home from work twice.

We welcome you, all of us know it is nice to know we are not alone in trying to deal with this stuff from day to day.

Hi Corina,

Isn't the internet the greatest thing. :)

To think you are in Holland and I am in FLorida and we can talk about this thing we have and help each other. This site has been great and supportive place for so many of us!

Welcome we all will help if we can!

Stacey :-)

Hey there Corina!

My name is Frances and I live in Northern Va. Just dx'ed with pots 7 months ago. I have had a heck of time with it so far, but once I found this group and became an active member in it I learned so much more. It's funny. People who have pots have been able to educate me more than my dr.s have been able to.

I will tell you what. Before I became active on this site, I knew of nobody that had this. I felt so secluded. Nobody could understand where I was coming from or what it felt like to have these symptoms. Personally, I didn't feel like explaining them either b/c I didn't want people to think that I wanted pity.

So now I am not only active on this site, but also actively trying to find ways to educate people on this and somehow get some things changed.

So welcome and within no time you will feel as though you know all of these people even though you are just communicating through a pc.

Best wishes!

Frances