I Just Got Home!

AJVDK

Hello All,

I wanted to thank everyone for there thoughts and prayers. As most of you know I ended up in the hospital with sepsis. I had to spent 7 days in the hospital :blink: . I just got home and am very tired and worn out but I wanted to post that I am finally home!

The doctors said it could take 3-4 more week to get back to where I was when I got sick. It's kind of depressing as that wasn't a great place. ( But it could always be worse, and I will get keep going and betting this.)

I finally got a new PICC, so I will be able to due fiulds again at home. This was a hard one as many of the doctors didn't want one placed again as I got sepsis. SO they did a test the held fluids, other the the antibiotics, and I ended up on the bathroom floor by noon, so they started me back on fluids. ( I guess they learned a little about POTS!)

Well I am off the hook up to fluids, and take my antibiotic!

Again thank you all for your support!

Amy

glad your home amy.. hope that the remainder of your recovery goes smoothly and that you get to feeling better

hugs

dizz

Glad you are home.

I hope that you regain your strength back. I had a medaport for chemo. I was also using it for fluids in the months following chemo. When I saw Dr. Grubb, he told me to get the port taken out immediately if not sooner. He said that it was extremely dangerous to use a port when you have a pacer. Makes the risk too high for getting sepsis and then being transported directly to my heart via the leads. I made a beeline to get the port taken out as soon as I got home from Toledo.

Dr. Grubb even told me that he would not get a port when he had chemo--even though he did not have a pacer. He said they are extremely dangerous.

Good luck with your port. Please be careful!

Lois

WoW! That is so scarey to hear about ports and the fact Dr. Grubb didn't want one....I do know folks with pacers are at higher risk...so many rocks and a hard place.

Amy I hope you feel better and I am sorry to hear you were in the hospital for so long.

hi amy,

glad that you're back home again!!! take your time to recover (ha, i think your body doesn't allow you anything else!!!) and be gentle to yourself, everything else can wait now!!! (i think that's what you meant with the burner thing emily ??? )

smoothly recovery,

corina :)