Super Nauseous After Shower??

Jacquie802

Hi guys,

Not that I have been feeling too great lately, but I notice that after I have been getting out of the shower I feel more nauseous than I did before...Anyone else get this?? I have had meds prescribed for me (Reglan, etc.) but nothing helps. I more or less want a med that I can take as needed. I got Zofran at the hospital before when I went in for stomach probs but my PCP has not prescribed that for me. I'm pretty sure that I have told him that that seems to be the only thing that helps.....

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Jacquie

Normal for POTS. The heat of the shower draws blood volume to the surface of your skin, sinking the bp a bit, and if your is already low, it'll get very low and make you nauseated.

Nina

i can't even remember anymore the last time i was able to shower standing up. i've had a shower chair for years that i've needed to use even when i otherwise was doing hugely better than i am now.

these days i can only shower 1-2 times a week b/c of how much it takes out of me; it becomes my only "event" for the day when i take one & i feel really ill for several hours afterward.

b/c it's a BP (&/or HR &/or blood pooling) issue post-shower, i wouldn't guess that anti-nausea meds would necessarily be too helpful for shower related nausea.

:) melissa

Hi Guys!

Thanks for the replies...I do use a shower chair but when I rinse off I like to stand up...I was actually hoping my doc would give me the anti nausea meds for when I am feeling nauseous for days/weeks on end, since nothing seems to help me out too much.

I do appreciate all your replies! :)

Jacquie

My son, 13y/o, also has NCS (otherwise known as NMH) and showers are hard for him. He regularly takes an 8mg zofran following him AM shower. Showers later in the day aren't as bad- for whatever reason. He often lies down for a few minutes after his shower. Definately ask your doctor for zofran or kytril to help your symptoms!

Julie

I am always trying to avoid the shower... Because I do not feel good while having the shower, neither after it.

I never knew why I was acting that way and I had been thinking I was too lazy...

Then I noticed that I was feeling exhausted after the shower and dizzy. One day, I had to lay down for about 1 hour after it... And I realized it was not because of beeing lazy, but because something was wrong with my health...

Another symptom to add...

Thank you for mentioning the shower chair, I think I will have to buy one.

I do not want to feel so bad everytime I need a shower and so extremely tired after it.

YES! On a bad day, I feel very nauseus, tired, dizzy- end up laying down for a bit (often on the guest room bed, cause if I go back to my bed, I'll end up comfy and asleep!) If I'm feeling very bad sometimes I'll just sit down in the shower. Now that we've got a hand-held shower thingy, it's helped a lot. I also have been sitting down to get ready for years. My condurum is that a morning shower really helps me get ready for the day mentally. Plus my hair never dries right if I shower at night. ;)