Just Plain Mad And Sick Of This!

nikigrl8883

:ph34r: does any one else just get plain mad somtimes becasue they have POTS ? im so aggravated today like furious that i still have this i just wanna be normal i know i shouldnt complain becasue everyone has it in here, but its hard not to somtimes break down so to speak... its very upsetting to me today me being stupid i woke up late and didnt feel that horrible so i was like ooohh maybe i dont need the beta blocker now! sure enough i started walking around and bam i felt wierd i took my pulse standing and it was 100 off the back so i had to take it ,,,,everyday i just hope it will go away but it never does....i hae this its mysery i have no life now..im afriad to work again becasue i know ill feel sick and i cant keep leaving jobs what am i going to do? i have no spending money i life with my dad and stepmom he will always take care of me but i dont want to have to stay here forever i have no boyfriend anymore no job no school nothing just miserey

Sorry for your frustration.

I have dealt with this stuff since the mid 80's...with CFS dx and finally POTS autonomic dx in 1998 via ttt.

This illness has robbed MANY of us of social life, work,marriages, money, etc. I have been disabled since 1990.

I strongly suggest FACE TO FACE counseling with a good therapist familiar with the challenges of Chronic illness.

While the Internet is great and message boards a godsend, there is zero substitute for human face to face counseling.

It can help you channel your anger to do as much as you can, and to learn to cope with the limitations.

Don't know how long you have had this but if new to the illness, I recommend counseling highly...most therapist will let you pay sliding fee schedule if you can't afford the entire fees.

Good luck.

ya i am new to this ive had since id say late april i started feeling sick diagnosed in august its **** how do you all deal with this?! ive never passed out but ive come to close for comfort with my my bp doesnt drop when i stand sometimes it will alittle but then it goes back to normal,, its just my heart rate is sky high when i stand can you claim disabilty for this illness? and how do you go abouts getting it? i mean it stinks having this at any age but when your so young its even worse...and you know somthing funny well not really, but my ex boyfriend started acting up about 3 years prior tp this illness and i was sooo depressed for so long before i got sick like 3 years and i was finally moving on from him and bam im on my *** again this time with this! some unknown syndrome that barely anyone has!

Coming to terms with chronic illness is not for the faint of heart. I had to go into counseling shortly after being diagnosed because my depression over my illness spiraled out of control. Fortunately my therapist has been a life-saver (literally) and has helped me muster the strength to keep fighting for answers despite the utterly broken state of our medical system.

I know that many if not all of us on this forum can relate to your anger and feelings of helplessness. However, this too shall pass. It's horrible now, but remember that most people with POTS eventually improve, and there are many little tricks you can learn to minimize it's effect on your life.

I hope you start to feel a bit better!

-Lauren

fortunately it does get easier. You transition your life and this ends up being your new normal. It took me 2 years of fighting change and now I have happy memories of my healthy days but this feels somewhat normal to me now. I also have improved alot since becoming first ill so maybe time will heal your body to a place you can be comfortable with your limitations.

Hang in there

Dayna

I agree It is very hard to deal with, but FACE TO FACE counseling it the way to go, venting once a week does so much good. I can handle more that comes my way at I have gotten everything off my chest that week. Also I have found by doing somthing for myself when I feel up to it makes things better to!

Hang in there! :ph34r:

Just one more voice saying it does get easier with time. Right now, you're aware of everything you're missing, but as you adjust to your limitations, you start to be more aware of what you still have left. Therapy can be really helpful; just make sure you have a therapist who believes you're sick!

It is possible to get disability for this. There have been discussions about the process on the board. Try searching the forum, and check the FAQ post up at the top of the page for a bunch of links.

Good luck with everything.

spike