Pauses/cardiac

morgan617

Hi all, well have developed an arrythmia I don't seem to be tolerating at all. I mean, I have arrythmias all the time, but this one is terrible.

I went to the ER on Monday (for those of you that know me, you know it HAS to be bad for me to go to the ER) and I am having constant 4-6 second pauses. Like sinus arrest. They called my primary and got an on call doctor. they recommended admitting me, but he said no, to call my cardio first. well, I don't really have a cardio. I saw an EPS guy a year ago while in the hospital, as a consult.

So they called him and got a partner that I FIRED about 4 years ago. He refused to admit me either, but said I obviously needed follow up.

Their office called two days later, they don't want to see me, they just want me to do a thallium study and a holter. well they have 7 hours of this arrythmia on record from the hospital, so the hospital says.

I called my primary and they have no idea what's going on, but say to follow up, just make sure it's the doc I saw when in the hospital. I have an appt next friday. meanwhile these pauses are getting somewhat out of control.

The last thing the ER doc said was.....drum roll please.....

Have you thought about prozac???????? Why, I was shocked....not

I didn't know know prozac was an anti arrythmic and took the place of pace makers.....so now you know why I disappear for ever at times. I'm not on prozac....morgan :lol:

How could he say that to you :lol: I swear they let anyone graduate from medical school, no matter how low their IQ! Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Morgan, I really hope you get a good cardio who can help you! I miss reading your posts so much on the forum, and have been so worried about you through this absence.

Know that you're in my thoughts, and we're all pulling for you here! And don't be afraid to let the doctors know when they've crossed the line. I've gotten really good at cutting ER doc's down to size when they tell me I have anxiety. I'll give you an example:

Doc: "maybe your tachycardia and fainting is anxiety"

Me: "Are you a phychiatrist?"

Doc: "No"

Me: "Then don't try to diagnose me with a psychiatric condition. Is there another physician that I can talk to?"

It works every time, and you don't have to get rude. Just let them know they have no right to make psycological/psychiatric predicitons.

(((((HUGS))))))

-Lauren

Morgan,

I missed you!!!! <3 I honestly can't say that I'm surprised @ how some doctors act. :lol: There really are only a handful of good ones out there! Are you on any meds for the arrhythmia or would/are they going to have to put in a pacemaker or ICD?????

Jacquie

Morgan

The pitiful days of your life saga continues with clueless backwards town docs. it so leaves me scratching my head. Scratch-Head.gif

If I didn't know better, I'd swear you lived in a third world country.....or at LEAST a different century.

Thinking of you and posting your favorite hometown rush hour photograph?!

xoxo

Sophia

coveredwagon.jpg

Sounds pretty scarey! I will refrain from comment on the "consulting doctor's" opinion about how to care for you... mostly because all of the things I'm thinking fall under the broad heading of profanity.

I hope you get the care you need and ASAP! Nina

Sounds pretty scarey! I will refrain from comment on the "consulting doctor's" opinion about how to care for you... mostly because all of the things I'm thinking fall under the broad heading of profanity.

Oh, come on Nina! Do it, do it!!Argh.gif

I am just curious...can a mod ban herself after throwing a fit on the board?

LOL.

Not funny Morgan...just trying to distract you from the madness. MM I did suggest she look into conceal and carry laws in her town and shoot off toenails of the attending physicians.

It is just pitiful that in the NW Morgan can't get to an ANS savvy doc. Very depressing.

Hang in there Morgan.

:ph34r:

Morgan-

I think I would also have some wonderful comments regarding all these physicians!! I guess what comes to mind is that they are all have a serious lack of responsibility here. Did I miss something here?

Why couldn't the ER doc and on call cardiologist- make decision to keep you for observation at least for 24 hours!! I can't believe they didn't admit. I know you have been having major medical problems, where is your primary? Why did his office say ok to follow up in a week!!! This just sounds crazy to me. They have documentation of arrythmia at hospital and didn't send you home with a monitor for readings?? They must know you are not someone to just run off to the hospital---

Well, i do hope that you get someone to take this seriously. I hope this doesn't keep you from going to ER again if you feel you need to- take care - and keep us posted, if you can. I know you were a nurse, if I remember correctly-- did you ever work at this hospital?? Have any good connections??

Sorry to hear about the Er vist. If it contines to get worse is there another ER you can go to. I would think if you went to a different one and they saw the same thing they would admit you. Just tell them you don't have a Cardio/ EP doctor if you don't like yours (unless they are the only one in town.) Please take care of yourself and keep us posted. Hope things start turning around for you soon! :)

Just checking to see how you are doing. Please let us know. I HATE it when ER docs discuss the anxiety issue. I had my first gallbladder attack when I was pregnant and had not yet been diagnosed with POTS. I was seen right away and the docs thought I was having an embolism. Needless to say when this test came back negative, their attitude changed and I left with a prescription for Paxil. I feel you!!

I LOVE the idea Lauren. I am definately going to keep this one to use.

Please post and let us know how you are.

Susan

Ouch! ok I have already accepted the fact that if i head to the ER i will be diagnosed with anxiety. It has already happend 1.5 times and my Family doc has said i was anxious from the first time he met me and continues to do so. Sadly, if docs cant fit it in to their regular little boxes they always go to anxiety/depresion. They do not know anything but that unless they are more specialized. This is especially true in ER they stablize and admit/send home that is most of what they do.

Sadly the dysautonomia thing does not fit into the nice neat boxes taught in medschool. So they throw it in the wastebacket category anxiety/depresion. It does suck. I am still trying to figure out what to do too prepare for it. No good answer. What do other folks do to deal with the ignorance out there?

OHH, by the way. Did they do anything to treat your arrhythmia at all?

Goodluck,

Dave

morgan,

for some reason i didn't notice this earlier, so i'm sorry to be late on this!

i hope you're doing better now and that they found out what is going on. i really wish that doctor to have ALL your symptoms for about a week. i think, it would drive him cray after one or two days! that should give him a lesson!!! grrr :blink:

corina :)

Oh Morgan,

I'm sorry that you didn't get the proper care right away for this. It never stops surprising me---these ignorant Docs. Why he would think prozac would help is beyond me............... :(:(:blink::(

They should not make you wait like this---not when you have pausing like that going on. Clearly, this man doesn't know his a** from a hole in the wall.

Gee---I didn't know prozak was used for treating arrhythmias...........dingy me----what was I thinking taking this propranolol------------- (SARCASM)--------ick.....

Some of these doctors(or doctor wanna-be) are a train wreck waiting to happen.

Maxine

TrainWrecks-A13-1.jpg

Morgan,

Just checking in on you...Hope your doing somewhat better.