Sorry About Ranty Post!

Guest tearose

Hey P,

I thought you were just letting off some steam and that you would come around again...I am glad you are feeling more focused today.

Sometimes we just need a place to "dump and complain". As long as you have a handle on things and aren't stuck on the bottom I think you WILL turn this around soon.

I think for us women, when we are more close to a period we can become more sensitive and it messes up with our POTS coping skills. For me, a cold or virus can also make me loose my edge a bit.

I firmly am a believer in trying to figure things out yourself first and then asking for help if that doesn't work. When we are tired or sick or hormonal, all tasks can seem bigger and harder. As this relates to your situation...I know you don't feel like pushing your cause right now...but you have to muster up the energy to ask for the accommodations you need. Just try to find ways to lower your stress. If a councilor can help you do this then go for it.

Be well, don't loose you way, we are on the sidelines cheering for you!

tearose

Persephone,

I'm glad to see you're in better spirits :) Hopefully the councellor will be able to help you. I started therapy about six months ago and it has really helped me come to terms with my illness, and also realize that while I'm sick, there are some goals that I can still reach. And I agree that having POTS doesn't mean you can't accomplish all you want to. I'm very disabled by my POTS, but am still in school (part time), am writing a book, and am going to do everything I decide to do with my life...just a little slower maybe than if I were healthy. I do think, however, that you sometimes overdo it and wear yourself out, but I think a councellor will help you find that middle road.

Hugs,

Lauren

Persephone, just as denial and refusing to get out of bed are not same thing, ranting and discussing suicide are not the same thing either.

No one is allowed to be unkind on this site and I am sorry you feel people are. However for some, it is very distressing to see posts that indicate that much despair and then feel helpless to do anything about it.

I hope you feel better soon. morgan

I hope you never feel you can't express yourself. I certainly relate to your expression of wanting it to all end, meaning you just can't stand the illness anymore and how it affects your life. I often feel this way, but doesn't mean I want to end my life and I am not saying you did. I think your posting may have seemed that you were at an extremely low point and I don't know really know you, but was very concerned. It seems that those who have been longer members were more concerned. You have a very strong will which is keeping you going and I have great admiration for that. We must stay determined and goal oriented, but I haven't found anyone who hasn't had to make adjustments when dealing with chronic illness. You add a lot to this forum from what I see, so keep on doing it. Have a good day.

Guest tearose

Don't you dare leave! I'll take a group and we'll be digging a tunnel under the ocean and will pop up at Oxford and snatch you up!

Heck, aren't we all experienced "bottom dwellers" anyway? :):):ph34r:

We all are human and sometimes we take things wrong and make mistakes or miscommunications...

This is just a blip on the screen dear Persephone, let it go and stick around.

keep your soul spark lit and just let us know what's up with you when you can.

wishing you always the best, tearose

Tea! I saw your picture- you have such a kind face and wonderful eyes that light up when you smile. I cant wait to meet you some day :)

Thanks to everyone who PMed me. I seriously wanted to leave the forum after being on the receiving end of yet more barbed comments from an extremely small minority of people. I find it difficult to understand why people would choose only to comment when things are BAD for me- never when they are good (I have posted some very positive things up ehre as well as negative).

It's lovely to know I'm still welcome here and that my true POTS pals are still on th elook out. Cheers guys :)

I feel better already!

Oh persephone dear--hang in there my potsy friend!!

I'm happy to see some spunk back in your postings... and there is no harm done in talking about how you truly feel.. we ahve all done it from time to time... and sometime no matter how hard it si to read or hear.. you need to be heard.. and ahve the chance to vent... and I'm sure more times then not we all have felt how you felt the other day.. i know i have!

SO hang there dear!!

and if need be I will join tea in digging to Oxford to "rescue" you!! :)

love adn hugs dear

linda

Guest tearose

Okay. WE HEAR YOU!!! But with the shape we here are in if we start digging now...we'll see you in about three years... :)

Try to stay outta trouble till we get there.

take care...

tearose

Hi Persephone :),

Sorry I didn't get to respond to your past posts, I had to go to the research study and I had tummy probs...First and foremost, Please dont leave the forum...I love to read your posts because you make me feel like it is possible to go to school and accomplish your dreams.

I hate seeing people sad, but we all have our ups and downs, esp. because of our illness. Honestly, I don't think it would be normal if we all were happy all the time. Don't get me wrong, I know things could be worse off, but it still stinks seeing those around you being able to do this easier than we can....

Anyhow, I just wanted to check on you and see how you are doing.... :)

Jacquie

you go girl! with your boomer-rang self!! that really does fit you well!!

Hope that you are feeeling abit better..

hugs and love

linda

Glad to see your spunk is right back! The way you always post, there seems like nothing that can keep you down for long :)

I'll have to tell my daughter about the meaning of your name. Her 3rd grade class just finished and took their test on Australian and one of the things she had cards on to study was what a boomerang was. They also had some in school today and were throwing them about the courtyard and needless to say she got hit by a stray one near the eye. ;) She was hit by a persephone!!

Keep smiling :)