there's a lot going on . . .

corina

hi guys,

i'm writing this topic as it must seem to you that i suddenly disappeared, so i wanted you to know that there's a lot going on in our life's right now.

after the struggle with the rehab center (which i haven't officially answered yet) my husbands mother became very sick and she died this last saturday. she died after being sick for about 10 days and she wasn't in any pain, so that's the good part about it. so there's a lot to be done now. her son's (5) and daughter are together every day to get everything arranged for her funeral this wednesday. i try to help my husband as much as i can, but often feel that what i do isn't enough. our boys feel very sad. this is the first time they've lost an important person in their life's.

the other thing is that i'm scheduled for a hysterectomy (after having severe menstruating trouble for more than 8 years now). i really don't want to have surgery but i do think it is best for me as i menstruate every 5 to 10 days (why, why, why?????). this is a question that maybe some of you have an answer to: do you think it's possible that my menstruation trouble could be caused by the pots? like our bp doesn't work the way it should, i mean?

surgery is scheduled for april 17th, or 18tyh i forgot, and as i'm usually very sick because of aeneasthesia i don't really look forward to it, BUT: i do look forward to a summer without any menstruation trouble.

i'm trying to read in between resting and helping my husband and kids, and hope that you're all doing okay.

oh and morgan, i've been watching your photo's: they are beautiful!!!!

love to all of you,

corina

Hi Corina,

Sorry for your family's loss. Just don't forget to take care of yourself too. Geesh, a summer period-free!!!!!!

Jacquie

So sorry Corina! you and your family will be in my thoughts.

Sometimes doctors are never sure what causes women to have so many problems with bleeding. I suppose it's hormonal, but who knows.

I hope the surgery goes well. I will tell you, it's the best thing I ever did for myself and I'd do it again in a New York minute! Good luck...morgan

Corina, I am so sorry for the difficult time you and your family are experiencing. I will be thinking of you.

I hope you have good results from your surgery. Maybe it will have a positive impact on some of your symptoms. Take good care and check in when you can. Laura

Corina, thanks for the update--it sounds like the surgery might be worth the effort given how often you have your period. Yuck!

I'm curious to learn how everything ends up working out with the rehab facility.

Nina

Corina,

Sorry for your loss and the hard struggles you've been facing.

I have to echo Morgan - My hysterectomy was the best thing I've done for myself - and I was Potsy at the time and very concerned about the anesthesia. I printed of some info for my doctor and took it to the hospital for the anesthesiologist. It suggested an arterial (?) BP monitor... inserted into the vein in the writst and watches BP very very closly. They had no problems and though recovery is slow with POTS, I am SO glad I had it!

Glad to hear from you.

~Roselover

Corina,

I haven't been posting much either. It was nice to see your post, but so very sorry for your loss. Just be sure to prepare your body physically and mentally for your surgery. Studies show asking your doctor to play your favorite relaxing music or some type of guided healing meditation while you're having surgery significantly improves the outcome of the surgery and your body's healing response. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts!

Gena

i really didn't have any idea that so much of you had a hysterectomy also. my gyn told me that they don't do this surgery often, only when they really don't have any options left. it makes me feel better that all of you who had this surgery think it's the best you did!

nina: the rehab called me again to ask if i will follow the 10 weeks course, once a week. i told them that my doctor asked them to admit me five days a week intern and that i can't handle a full day sitting following a day program. i've been talking with my pt today and she thinks they won't take me because i don't fit in their protocols and as they never heard about dysautonomia/pots it just doesn't exist. so here's to ignorant doctors!!!!! :)

i will write them a letter in which i will tell the people of the board how i was treated and thank them for their 10 weeks course offer, but no, i won't take it, as i simply can't.

after having surgery and our summervacation i will decide on what step has to be taken next, as my body is getting weaker and weaker. my pt said that i definately need to get some exercise but under care of someone who is experienced. think it's time for a cute personal trainer!!!! (man, wish i could afford one!)

corina :blink:

Corina, that's such a bummer about the rehab center. Maybe someday, they'll get their act together (a US slang for figuring out the obvious and doing the right thing).

Teri had a hysterectomy years ago b/c of heavy bleeding. It's pretty common here in the US for fibroid tumors or uncontrolled heavy bleeding. Teri had both, and they did not respond to other methods. They did leave her ovaries and fallopian tubes, so she does not need to take any hormones. She was not a candidate for the less invasive procedures because the size of her firbroid tumors were just too big. So, she had an incistion from one hip to the other, like a big smile line at the bottom of her tummy. She went to a wedding about 7 days after her surgery! I don't think I'd have been able to do that... but then again, I wasn't in the military either...

Nina

hey nina, i have a smile as well, from my first born son!

and my: what a trooper teri is!!! i'll keep her as an example because i wouldn't want to miss the first birthday of one of my nieces May 5th!!!!

now you better go to bed and get some sleep. on this side of the world we'll keep an eye on everything! :)

corina :)