Waking up sick...

Hi guys,

Last night (early this morning actually) I woke up at 3:30aM and felt reallyyyy nauseaus. This happens every so often. The weirdest part is that I wake up in the wee hours of the morning, I don't feel very sick before I go to bed or anything. The symptoms I get are extreme nausea, sweats, tachy, and I just don't move at all (if I move the nausea gets worse). Once I am awake for a few minutes (while laying down) I feel a little better but not much...

Is this POTS related??? Anyone else get this at odd hours? I see my gastroenterologist in 2 days, so the timing was atleast good. I will post how that apptmt goes.

Jacquie

Yep, I've had lots of episodes like this! It's better now that I am on domperidone. Yesterday, I awoke feeling the begining of all this and wondered why til I went to take my morning meds and discovered I'd forgoten my domperidone the night before, so I surmise that it is helping avoid these episodes.

~Roselover

Yep, although I'm not on anything for it. I wake up often feelign nausea, and I almost always have diarrhea in the morning. My GI problems seem limited to mornings and late evenings, say 10pm-10am. I've almost never had GI problems during the day...it's strange. I have no idea what causes my problems, other than just another POTS thing.

Roselover and DSM, what is domperidone? If it helps I'd like to try it. Does it just keep you from throwing up, or does it knock out the nausea as well? Does it affect anything other than GI symptoms?

Cheers,

lauren

i would have to venture that its comon to wake up feeling sick..nasuea really is horrible.. i hate it..

i get the that feeling any time day or night..my boyfriend calls it my bed spins.. (i get horrible dizzy somwtimes when I am like that).. to the point as you said If i move or the bed moves.. I'm toast!..

i use levsin for the tummy pain/diarrhea.. doesnt help well for nausea though.. but if you are hvining GI things it might help.. havent found one good thing for the nausea yet though.. sorry!!

feel better soon dear!

yep, used to get the same thing! now on nexium twice a day, which is better. used to take levsin and zofran for pain and nausea. i think it's totally a potsy symptom!

good luck and feel better, jaquie!

love and light,

lulu :D

Yeh i also feel quite sick until about 10:30 am. If i was to get up at 4am it feels like my stomach is in my throat (strange feeling to explain). Does anyone else get sharp pains in their stomach/digestion/ovaries area? i get them about 50% of the time at different places in that general area. I also wake up feeling like i need to curl into a ball to stop nausea.

• 2 weeks later...

I get nausea only very occassionally upon waking, mostly when I'm undergoing some stress. I find that if I can get my husband to bring me some water, at least two tall glasses, drink them, and then wait for awhile before getting out of bed, my nausea decreases. I've gotten this nausea before when my BP has dipped severely. I was told that I was hypovolemic and so I figured that a lot of additional fluid might help. It gets so that when I feel sick my first reaction is to drink water. If it comes back up then I know that my nausea is not POTS related I was also told to do a number of stretches before I got out of bed in order to prevent nausea if I didn't have it already.

I don't know if this would help if the nausea was severe, but who knows?

Lily