Are you hyperadrenergic?

LindaJoy

Hi, again,

I get adrenaline surges with anger, stress, excitement, exercise. You name it, my adrenaline rushes with it, and if it causes my adrenaline to trickle a bit more than usual, I cannot then shut it off without a Xanax.

What do you take for your hyperadrenergic POTS? Do you take this on a daily basis?

Thanks.

LindaJoy

Guest Julia59

Dr. Grubb has recently prescribed Klonopin for my excess adrenaline. Sometimes I feel like it's just seeping all the time. I take about 1/4 to 1/2 of a 0.5 each evening depending on how symptomatic I am.

Also Bev prescribed clonidine---I haven't tried that yet, but I plan on giving it a whirl. It's supposed to work very well for hyper-adrengic POTS.

I'm prescribed 0.5 of the klonopin each evening, but I like to try smaller amounts so I don't build a tolerance.

Even on the klonopin---it's takes awhile for my system to calm down. When i'm hyperadrengic---the betablockers alone don't work. I often wonder if I should cut out the wellbutrin---or lower the dose---my PCP said this can aggravate or even cause tachy. Dr. Grubb told me it makes my body less sensitive to the adrenaline, but maybe it's not working any more---or my body has decided it doesn't like it anymore.

I have lost a few pounds from being hyper-adrengic----but you would think I would lose a lot more with the adrenaline I have pouring out of me.

Take Care,

Julie :0)

I also take Klonopin, but 0.25 mg or 0.5 mg a day total. It doesn't really do too much, but I seem to feel a bit less anxious when I take it than when I don't. I take Toprol XL 25 mg as well, and Effexor 37.5 mg. All of these are intended to lower my adrenaline rushes, though I still get them and still have a high heart rate in general.

Amy

Hi.. when I get the nasty surges.. dr. grubb said its Ok (for me) to take an extra betaxolol (which is a stronger newer form fo propranolol)... and my clonidine was upped as well..

so when its bad I pop an extra pill.. and lay down in a dark quiet room... till it passes.. or atleast lightens up...

Hi, I usually just wait it out or go and lay down. I take the Toprol which helps out a good deal, but it really affects my BP.