successful ablation

sonshine456

I just wanted to post a message here to let you know that ablations can be an okay thing with POTS. I went in knowing that it wasn't going to correct the tachy caused by POTS. I was having bad tachy caused by SVT and they were able to correct it. I was sedated for about 5.5 hours and had low BP the rest of the day and through the night but the next day it gradually started going up. It has kind of been all over the place at times but overall I'm extremely happy with how well my POTS has been. I was prepared for it to be way worse than this. It's going to be a struggle for a while but I'm confident that it's going to get better. And I have one less thing to deal with because they were able to get rid of the SVT issues I was having. I know there's been a lot of bad experiences with ablations...this was in fact my 2nd one. It's actually been way better this time around as far as the POTS goes. I know it could have gone the other way easily but my dr is awesome and well educated about POTS. I also believe he was overly cautious with me because of the POTS. Just wanted to share a good ablation experience.

Sonshine.. that is wonderful!! I'm very happy for you :) I hope that you will start to feel better inregrds to svt being cleared up..

HUGS

dizz

son -

congrats on your move in the right direction! it's always encouraging to hear good news...thanks for sharing with us!

:) melissa

Congrats!!! I too had more than 1 ablation. However, with mine I was fine for a bout 3-4 months then my heart would find a way to go tachy again. I hope this is a cure for you though and you have better luck! :)

I have read a lot on here about ablations, just what is an ablation? I have never heard of it before. Glad you had a good experience though. Vanessa

I just wanted to post a message here to let you know that ablations can be an okay thing with POTS. I went in knowing that it wasn't going to correct the tachy caused by POTS. I was having bad tachy caused by SVT and they were able to correct it. I was sedated for about 5.5 hours and had low BP the rest of the day and through the night but the next day it gradually started going up. It has kind of been all over the place at times but overall I'm extremely happy with how well my POTS has been. I was prepared for it to be way worse than this. It's going to be a struggle for a while but I'm confident that it's going to get better. And I have one less thing to deal with because they were able to get rid of the SVT issues I was having. I know there's been a lot of bad experiences with ablations...this was in fact my 2nd one. It's actually been way better this time around as far as the POTS goes. I know it could have gone the other way easily but my dr is awesome and well educated about POTS. I also believe he was overly cautious with me because of the POTS. Just wanted to share a good ablation experience.

Guest Belinda

Congrats on your ablation..I had one years ago for SVT issues and svt can be a big bummer.

In regards to Mrs. Glass -an ablation is where they go into your heart like a cath. and then try a stimulate where the arrythmias are coming from in the muscle tissue then then use radiofrequency waves to ablate the area. Like burn or destroy the tissue. So the hopeful outcome is that it destroys the extra accessory pathways that are causing the arrythmia.

Anyways, my ablation did work for my Svt's but i obviously still get reg. good ole tachycardia.

Belinda

I am so glad that your ablation went well. I am also glad that you seem to be recovering better than last time. Thanks for keeping us posted as to how you are doing.

Hang in here! :)

Lisa

I am really happy for you. I believe you are the first person I've heard of that it helped and didn't make worse. Certainly wasn't good for me. But then you said you had an underlying problem and knew it wouldn't help the pots. I went in with the understanding it could be my cure. OOps... am happy for you though...morgan