Receiving an award today

yogini

I wanted to share with all of you my good news. I am getting a big award today for doing some volunteer work over the years non-profit organzations, one which provides career support to women and another which provides counseling services to children and families in need. The funny thing is that I took on more of this works after I got POTS, because the volunteer work was less stressful then the regular work I do. So if it weren't for POTS, I probably wouldn't have gotten the award! :P

My day is already off to a good start. I put on my suit this morning which I had bought a few months ago, and the pants practically fell off. I've been trying to lose weight for more than a year and it looks like it has started to work. I have been working hard to try to get back to the old me, and things seem to finally be moving in a positive direction. I feel excited, but scared at the same time, because I know that things could come crashing down at any moment.

The ceremony is tonite from 6-8. The presentation will be 20 minutes and the rest of the time will be cocktails, which means I will have to be on my feet. I am a bit nervous about the whole thing, but hoping that adrenaline will carry me through. Wish me luck!

congrats congrats!

i hope your day continues to be wonderful...

B) melissa

Guest Finrussak

Good Luck and great job!!!!!!!! the one thing I miss most about being so ill is having to step down from running the food pantry and also my 2 positions with the local women's groups who do so much for the community ...so in a way your there for all of us who cant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks and keep it going...

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your wishes and I know you all understand how much it means to have something nice happen for a change.

The cermony went well. We had to wait outside in the freezing cold to catch a cab in both directions. I wound up getting there late, which was OK because it meant less time on my feet. The funniest part was that the award (called a Cornerstone Award) turned out to be a 5 lb brick...just my luck! :D I was the only honoree to leave mine on the podium, b/c I did not want to wind up having a major POTS attack in front of all of those people! I did manage to lug it home somehow.

I am SO exhausted, but in a good way. Well, off to bed!

glad to hear that the evening went well....and you even got some weight lifting as a bonus ;)

hope you're able to rest today after your big evening,

B) melissa

Way to go! Congrats ! Proves there still is life out there. Vanessa

I wanted to share with all of you my good news. I am getting a big award today for doing some volunteer work over the years non-profit organzations, one which provides career support to women and another which provides counseling services to children and families in need. The funny thing is that I took on more of this works after I got POTS, because the volunteer work was less stressful then the regular work I do. So if it weren't for POTS, I probably wouldn't have gotten the award! :)

My day is already off to a good start. I put on my suit this morning which I had bought a few months ago, and the pants practically fell off. I've been trying to lose weight for more than a year and it looks like it has started to work. I have been working hard to try to get back to the old me, and things seem to finally be moving in a positive direction. I feel excited, but scared at the same time, because I know that things could come crashing down at any moment.

The ceremony is tonite from 6-8. The presentation will be 20 minutes and the rest of the time will be cocktails, which means I will have to be on my feet. I am a bit nervous about the whole thing, but hoping that adrenaline will carry me through. Wish me luck!