1st Hosptial Stay behind me

Ling

I just wanted to update you on my latest adventure in my life. I spent nearly 4 days in the hospital last week due to inflammation of the kidneys and vomiting. I have had bladder problems for months now. Now that I am pregnant it refuses to heal. Plus I have all this lovely vomiting all day. I am 12 weeks now and doing much better than last week. Don?t like hospitals. I am so scared they will do something stupid with me. The longer I have all these problems the less I trust my body. Baby is doing okay and I should know the sex within a few weeks time. I so hope its a little boy. I am just concentrating on the end result. I don?t like pregnancy and have had a hard time. At least I am 1/3 of the way now. I must tell you ladies that am growing fast. I am 12 weeks and can?t believe how fast I am showing. If I carry on growing like this my stomach is going to be massive. Can?t wait not to see my feet. :rolleyes:

Hope things get better for you. Glad baby is doing well. Good luck in the months up ahead. They will go so fast.

I am so sad to hear that you've had to spend some time in the hospital. How scary! I am relieved though to hear that baby is doing well. Have you considered taking cranberry for the recurring bladder problems? I had 3 or 4 bladder infections during my last pregnancy but I took cranberry supplements (sugar free) with each one and was able to heal on my own. It's something to think about at least and maybe do some research with your doctor.

I can't believe you are about done with the first trimester! I hope the nausea and vomiting eases up soon. Mine went away between 16-18 weeks with each pregnancy, but many people get relief sooner than that. Keep us posted on your progress...I am just so excited for you!! Tell us when you find out the sex of the baby!! Boys are so much fun, but girls are fun to dress....hmmmm.... :)

Ling--So sorry that you are having these difficulties. I had a kidney stone in the first trimester and I had never had one before. Pregnancy definitely challenges the body--sometimes in unpredictable ways, particularly when you already have a medical condition. I had a hard pregnancy myself after the first half of it, contrary to the experience of the majority of POTS patients. It is impossible to predict how things will go. However, I felt reassured to know that, even though I felt horrible at times, my daughter was growing normally, and the pregnancy was not threatened.

Bladder infections should be taken seriously during pregnancy--I am glad to know your doctors are on top of it. There are antibiotics that are safe to take if needed.

I DO understand how you feel b/c my pregnancy was pretty hard and I was trying to work full-time, and I so wanted to be NORMAL and HAPPY--instead of feeling sick, frustrated, wishing it were over, and, at times, scared. I think you have to accept whatever constraints pregnancy places on you, and the things you truly do not have control over. This was a hard lesson to accept, for me. What helped me was to stay within my limits--I left work at the end of 7 months and was able to work a bit at home-- and to focus on the things I *could* enjoy--feeling my daughter moving, preparing for her arrival as I was able to.

I know it is hard to feel so awful--especially during a time that should be nothing but happy. You and your little one will get through this--please keep telling yourself that. Hopefully you will start to feel a lot better as you get into the 2nd trimester.

Katherine