Just got home form my Trip!

AJVDK

Hello All,

Well its been a long week. My husband, my son and myself flew out to Cleveland this last monday. I saw Dr. Fouad-Tarazi. Wow she really seem to know her stuff. I know that sounds dumb, but over the last few years trying to find somone that can find and treat (POTS) whats going on was been hard.

I had a tilt test on Tuesday. They cam back and said I had a positive test. (so I was thinking darn, I thought they would find somthing.) Only to find out that ment they found somthing wrong. The docotr came in and told me she wanted to do futher testing as the tilt test showed some things, but they wanted to look into more. So I had a blood volume test. ( Hope that's the right thing to call it) They found that my blood is flowing way to fast.) Also during the tests I was having many PVC's so they are going to have my Doctor here start me on a beta blocker again in hoping that this will help, also I have to start using compression stockings, and start going to Cardiac Rehab Program. ( :lol: Really not sure about all this, but if it will help I am willing to do what ever it takes.)

So, on Monday, I am going to meet with my doctor here, and going to start all these things. ( other then the Compression stockings which I already started using.) So now that they found whats wrong, now it just come to treating it.

We had a good time in Cleveland, my son's 4th b-day, was on friday, so we took him to the zoo. He had a great time. (I can say though I am glad to be home to Iowa! We got lost all three day we had to go to the Clinic, and we got lost from the airport to the hotel. :) )

Anyways wanted to give you all the update, say thanks for all the support, and let you know I made it back! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Amy

Thanks Nina!

Lauren, As for the cardiac rehab I am not sure yet, I only have the orders with me, they are getting it all set up on monday! I am hoping it will help. I think the big thing from how I understand it is that there is someone there to keep a eye on your bloodpressure, and hreat rate when you work out, and I have problems with my hreat rate when I work out and somtimes my bloodpressure drop too much, But I can let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,

Amy

Great news that you had a good experience at Cleveland. The Cardiac Rehab will most likely help you build tolerance for exercise. Thank you for letting us know how it went- glad you got some answers!

Carmen

Hi Amy,

Glad you had a good trip. Dr. Fouad prescribed cardiac rehab for me too. It has been a really good experience. I'm finishing my second month of it right now. It is controlled exercise with monitoring of heart rate and BP. The physiologists are really kind where i go and make up creative ways to help me feel better when i exercise. I have improved, but have backslides when i get around my period. It's nice to have people document my ups and downs so that i have some proof! When doctors see you on just one day, they only get a snapshot of how you are really doing. It's great to go to a place every week that can see your progress and make suggestions to help. Also, the activity is confidence building! Good luck!

Kristen

Well made it to my doctor appointment today, only to find that none of the paperwork got faxed to my doctor, so they called for it the hole time i was waiting. They only got part of it, the rest is still getting typed up? (confussed as I was told in would be faxed as they knew I had this appointment) Plus now my family doctor needs to find a cardio doctor that is willing to listen to Cleveland, for treatment. Here where I live there is only one big Pratice over 30+ doctor in one pactice over many loctions the big problem is that there is only 2 EP doctors, and one of them is the one I have had problems with, plus I think they thought I was crasy 1/2 the time! So my family doctor is trying to find a doctor outside of there that is willing to treat me, so it continues................... Hopfully I will find the answers soon!

Have a great night! :angry:

Amy

Sorry to chime in late, but just got to the computer.

Glad you and your family had a good time, specially with your little ones b-day.

Hope you can find someone soon. Glad to hear you had a good experience with Dr. Fouad at Cleveland. I know about paper work not being done, with me, they told me to call for the results of some of the test at the end of the week, but after calling it wasn't done for a good week and a half.

Good luck and keep us posted.

I go for a six month check up with Dr. Fouad November 28.

amy -

glad to hear you had such a good trip - medically & otherwise.

i did cardio rehab as well after vanderbilt until my move...it was good for me in that i tend to overdo & get myself into trouble work-out wise so the limits were good. and being in an environment that wasn't a competitive gym/fitness center. and of course the HR/BP monitoring.

i hope the paperwork/doctor frustrations get worked out as soon as possible...i can definitely relate!

:) melissa

Well today I got call from my family doctor, and they got ahold fo the doctor in cleveland so I am starting my news meds tonight. On thursday somtime I should be getting a call regarding my new cardio Doctor. ( I am alittle uptight about this one as 1/2 the doctors have thought I was crasy, the only doctor that never gave up on my was my family doctor, I am hoping now since I have cleveland showing them whats wrong, maybe I will have better luck! (Let hope thing keep going good) Have a great night, and thanks for all the support! :)

Amy