Still hanging in there--unwell as I may be

I'll be the first to admit that I've been remiss in my moderating duties. I've been able to read threads most days, but not so much able to post.

Today I'm off from work--one of the benefits of a public school calendar :( It came at exactly the right time. The sinus infection I've had is reasserting itself just in time for the peak of allergy season for me.

I've spent the past two days reaquainting myself with my two cats and the daytime TV schedule. This week, I've backed off of the oxycontin because it slowed my guts down to the point where they weren't working at all for days at a time, even with that gut busting glycolax, and I couldn't eat more than a bite or two. Trade off is living with bone and joint pain, which makes me aggitated and grumpy, or living with guts that make me nauseated, bloated and pain from my shoulders down to my hips. Ah, the daily choices we must make.

Ankle is feeling better but looks worse as the bruising has worked it's way to the surface. My little toe is about the same, but i'm hoping these two days off will give it a bit of a nice rest. Well, just thought I'd fill you in so you'd know I'm still here.

Nina

heya nina -

it's probably quite evident, i'm trying to compensate for my lack of posting over the last while by doing so obcessively today.....i've been pretty MIA too...doing the reading everything but hardly posting thing.

i'm super glad that you had the day off today but sorry that you're still having such a rough time. it must feel like a no-win situation having to choose between a non-functioning GI system & a good deal of pain. how frustrating.....

i don't have any grand words of wisdom but just wanted to say that i'm still pullin for ya...hang in there,

B) melissa

Guest Julia59

Nina,

First, I hope you feel better soon----Second, i'm glad to hear you get a little time off to rest------Third, I hope your guts start working better. :)

Hang in there, and rest when you can-----easier said then done---I know---- B)

Take Care,

Julie :0)

Thanks everyone, I'm holding on. The two days off were immensely helpful, but I'm still really dragging. My guts aren't working yet. Ankle is great compared to last week...toe is a little better. that's about it.

Yes, I've ordered Mr. Ritt's pizza blanks in the past. Yummy. It's a gluten free dream...and the cookies...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... can't go there now.... too many points on weight watchers at the moment.

nina

Guest Mary from OH

Nina -

So sorry you've been feeling lousy lately!! I think it's the weather or the changing seasons or something!! I was in bed with a 2 day killer migraine earlier this week. I literally thought I was going to die. It's pretty bad when you're on 24 hr morphine and have taken literally everything your dr has prescribed for you and your pain level is still at a 10 or more....

Well... I think we all have better days ahead!! And, NEVER feel badly about neglected moderator duties!! If anyone understands, it's all of us!! If no one here can relate about having a few bad days (weeks...) then, I guess they must have joined the wrong group!! LOL!! Anyhow, we all love you and are worried about you!!

I can commiserate with the belly and joint woes! Sometimes it's a hard battle to chose! Maybe just rotate days? Who knows?!! The drs certainly don't seem to !!

Well, I hope I cheered you up a little and I truly do hope you feel better soon!!

Take care of yourself and DO give yourself a well-derserved break once and a while!! We'll STILL be here; I promise!! ;)

Your kind words and understanding do help my spririt, even if my body doesn't play along all the time.

I actually tried the alternating suggestion as of this evening... took my first dose of oxycontin in a few days to see if I can get a better night's sleep and try to stave off this sinus infection by getting enough rest.

I'm so thankful, also, that next week I have another day few days off mid-week, half day Weds and full day off on Thurs. The extra rest is so helpful.

It's my type-A personality kicking in when I can't do the best possible work that I've committed myself to doing. I am glad too, though, that Michelle has had the forethought to have more than one other volunteer moderator here. Given the nature of the beast, and how large our community has grown, it's absolutely necessary.

Nina

Guest Mary from OH

It's interesting how many of us "Type A" personalities have dysautonomic conditions!!! Personally, I DON'T think it's a coincidence!!

Well, I'm off to fight for my daughter's rights again this AM, wish me luck!! I have migraine (in the back of my head), not too bad, just enough to be irritating. So, I'll survive. I just pray it stays that way!!

HANG IN THERE!!! This weather has GOT to stabilize and then *I think* we'll all go back to feeling our "normal yucky selves". We can cope with that!! LOL!

;)

Nina,

Sorry I haven't replied sooner. I too am in the canyon; although I really don't understand why because it's still hot and humid here. Although I notice I have a lot more sinus drainage I don't suffer with allergies like many people do. Generally the heat is worse for me but I do notice my body doesn't like any kind of change at first. Maybe I'll readjust soon.

I too am waiting for a good frost but being that it's still in the 70's at night here and mid 80's during the day with a 92% humidity I think it will be a while before a frost :)

Glad your toe and ankle are improving. I can relate to the other too. hmmmm. Which pain or problem would I prefer to have today?

Don't worry about the moderating; we all understand and we try to behave to make your job smoother :)

I too have tried to keep up with reading but I'm not able to post much and I'm not always able to read to keep up with everything but I'm trying.