Not rebounding...no bounce

MightyMouse

I thought I'd start a new topic since my other one sounded so upbeat and "I'm getting better-ish". Who broke out that mousey-kryptonite that slayed me???

After the AC went out yesterday, I made my little fort in the basement and fell asleep again before 9pm with the TV blaring. Should have taken the hint that it meant I was needing the sleep for a reason. In the middle of the night I woke up and every bit of me hurt, I was hacking and wheezing, my eyes were running--I thought it was just allergies. But not the case. I think I'm paying the POTS-piper for my 2 weeks of pushing too hard.

The ac was repaired by 10am, but I was still sleeping in the basement, so Teri came down to let me know. She helped me make my way from my basement, to the tub. I thought a soak might make my joints hurt a bit less and if it was allergies, I'd wash any icky dander or allergens off and try to feel better. Baths usually sink my bp, so T wasn't far away. I did get myeself out of the tub, but not far--just the 10 feet to my bed, and that's where I've been all day. I didn't even manage to get dried off and dressed myself.

I guess this is supposed to be my reminder of how hard life will be if I don't stay mindful of my limitations, and if I persist with choosing not to regard my limits on a regular basis. I feel like I've posted this story before--I seem to be great with my kids at work and accepting small steps as victories. But for with me...I can't seem to manage the slow and steady pace. Then I feel guilty for whining at all about my awful state when it, in some way, was self inflicted.

Okay. Rant off. Watching the news is a sobering reminder that my problems are smaller than many. Wish I lived somewhere that would allow me to open my home so I could feel helpful. Helping others always makes me feel better when I'm feeling cruddy.

Sending you all wishes for restful sleep and better health. Nina

Hi Nina,

don't be too hard on yourself. You need to ventilate now and then. And it won't help others if you didn't (I hope you know what I mean, it's so difficult to express what you mean in a different language). I know about the very bad and worrying situation around New Orleans, but the people there won't be better off if you hide your feelings.

I can see you cheering at your children at every little step they make (which made me smile) but you forget to cheer at all the little steps you have to make yourself, to achieve what you did. This is POTS Nina and it wil remind you about your limits (and you have a lot of other things going on as well). You better rest now and take it easy. Do you think you can delegate some of your tasks? Hope you feel better soon,

Corina <_<

Nina.. so sorry that you crashed so hard w/PoTS.. that really *****!!

I hope that you start feeling better soon.. and arent in pain and feeling so potsy..

You give so much of your self to other people Nina.. and so much to all of us here on the forum..Please REMEMBER to take care of yourself.. and slow down a bit if you need too..

take care

HUGS

Linda <_<

Sorry that you are feeling under the weather. I started school 2 weeks ago, too. I, like you, am paying the price this weekend. I feel awful and I had to work yesterday on top of that. I have been trying to eat salty foods and drink lots of gatorade, but I think that it is to late for that. Hope that you are feeling back to your mightyself soon. :P

Hey Nina, sounds rough. Thank goodness for the long weekend. Hopefully you'll feel improvement before back to work Tuesday. I guess all you can do is try to ride it out as best you can. Try to do some comforting things, watch a favorite movie, eat your favorite foods, snuggle in your most comfortable PJs. Hope you feel better... (how are your toes, by the way?) Laura

You all are amazing at helping me boost my spirit. I cried reading all your nice words. I'm still feeling pretty bad, but a little better than yesterday. Like some of you said, the long weekend makes me thankful that I have the time to rest without having to burn up my sick days.

My toes are getting a bit better, even if they're looking a bit uglier. The bruises are now visible all the way aound my toes, whereas the days before they were just swollen and pink. I guess it's all part of the healing process.

Feeling sick leaves me more emotional than I usually am... but smiling at the nice thoughts that you've all sent my way. :P Nina

Mighty Mouse,

Ive been reading some posts on your wellness and how u got back to work. This has happened to me plenty of times. One occasion back in September i thought 'i feel amazing, time to get back to life' , got a job at Subway, was doing well, woke up one morning with a BANG! Couldnt go to work, i felt ill, tiered, and could barley get about the house, so i stayed of work and in the end gave up. I then got a new job on a PC back in march, but got made redundent, so here i am, on the PC with nothing. On weeks i feel like i can run the olymics, but on others i feel awful. Worst thing with me is i have no DX, so its scarey at times, The NHS in birmingham UK is horrible, docotrs still fob me of, still awaiting tests. Just keep my prayers up and hope i get a DX.................One Day.

All i can say, which works for me, is do things that make u feel good, as hard is it can be at times. Watching a film helps me, thanx to the user who recommended that :P.

Dehidrating is a problem for me at the moment, i forget to drink warter throughout the day.

Be well and i wish u wellbeing in all modesty.

Setbacks are the worst and they always seem to come after a high period when we taste a glimpse of our remembered self. When I crash I spend a lot of time beating myself up thinking if only I didn't over do then I wouldn't be in this shape. But you know, I'm not sure that's always true. Sometimes even when I am very careful I still fall into a potshole.

The key for me is to remember it is only a setback and try not attach as little meaning on it as possible. Easy to say, hard to do. I often wonder if my expectations are too high. A friend of mine was having problems with her family situation and I asked her .... "Do you know that yin-yang symbol?" She said yes. I said "It's been around for thousands of years, and do you know why? Because it's true. Fifty - fifty. That's all you get. It's when you want things to be 80/20 or even 70/30 that you set yourself up to suffer."

Then wouldn't you know I had the most horrendous weekend after telling her that story. Terribly sick and suffering. All the while cursing in my head -- yeah, yeah 50/50 what a load of crap.

And maybe it is. But it makes me smile to think about the irony.

I do hope you are feeling more like your self soon. Your perceverience is inspirational to all of us.

EM

Ugh. I'm awake, after a night of wheezing, coughing and sniffling...and night sweats. I just started a two week course of antibiotics this morning (ketek), so hopefully they'll kick in soon and I wont need my nebulizer again for a while. I think this is just an opportunistic infection after running my body down.

Nina

Guest Julia59

Nina,

Listen to that body of yours---rest as much as you can until you have to get back to that busy schedule of yours. Don't feel bad for things that aren't in your control.

You just need to find a way to slow your pace down somehow----as your body is trying to warn you.

There should be no guilt in trying to live. I know what you mean though.

Sometimes it's just hard to accept that we have some limits to what we can do sometimes. One day at a time---I guess. It's hard because sometimes we don't see it coming in any sort of subtle way----just the end result of crashing----ugggg.

Take care----I hope you feel better soon, and I hope it's just a little crash....

Julie :0)

nina -

i thought i'd posted already but evidently not....i've been a bit crashed myself & also loading back up on the antibiotics (UTI back but caught this time pre-kidneys). i definitely feel your frustration, at least to a degree...i'm in a "what was i thinking?!" mode with the school thing...

anyway, just wanted to send a (((HUG))) and perhaps some magic energy & anti-infection vibes your way.

:rolleyes: melissa

:) oooohhhhh. man. apparently I'm still alive... although at the present moment, that's somewhat debateable.

On a good note, I think I may have lost a pound our two since the nausea kicked in a few days ago. :o

thanks for your kind words and thoughts--while I'm not better, the antibiotics are starting to work, but I haven't noticed much change yet other than my head is now draining (sorry if too graphic). Maybe tomorrow will be better.

to all my crash-mates, I hope you feel better too.

Nina

nina, this is not a recommended weight loss plan!!

sorry...bad humor...my sleep meds are kicking in so i'll use that as an excuse. glad you made it through the day & that you're at least starting to get a bit of help from the antibiotics, even if only a sliver. hopefully they'll kick in full-force ASAP. hang in there,

:-)melissa

p.s. i can't believe you're staying on top of it with everything else, but i got my package of bracelets today...thanks!!! (i'm stocking up for future use when i "wear out" my current one!)