• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for sharing these! 

I recently got a glucose meter but my dang fingers are such a bad stick that I quit pricking myself and tossed it in a drawer. Not diabetic so CGM isn't an option. Just terrible circulation I guess. Would be helpful if I had the data to work with, but I've just been winging it without it and going off of foods and symptoms. 

But this thread is full of tried and true great ideas. I'm hoping there's an instant pot in my future too, it sounds like it's going to be the solution to preparing meals when ADHD, brainfog and chronic fatigue make food prep safety and cooking a real challenge. The most I do anymore is reheat leftover delivery in the toaster oven, or make scrambled eggs in the microwave like an old friend taught me when we were kids. Don't wanna get distracted and wander off from the stove or give myself food poisoning from undercooking meals while in a cognitive fog. 

Hey @bumpkinhope some of this gives you some ideas.

Yeah fingers sometimes can be finicky to get some blood out of them. some folks stick their palms and seem to do better with it.

Good news on the CGM front is there will be a sensor that will be sold over the counter (no script needed). should be available by mid summer.

Instant Pot has been a great addition to my kitchen and meal prep i use it all the time. Just love it! I get the ADHD moments i have done the same and forgot stuff that was cooking.

Good luck if you get a instant pot! 

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

Hey @bumpkinhope some of this gives you some ideas.

Yeah fingers sometimes can be finicky to get some blood out of them. some folks stick their palms and seem to do better with it.

Good news on the CGM front is there will be a sensor that will be sold over the counter (no script needed). should be available by mid summer.

Instant Pot has been a great addition to my kitchen and meal prep i use it all the time. Just love it! I get the ADHD moments i have done the same and forgot stuff that was cooking.

Good luck if you get a instant pot! 

Thanks Mike! And didn't know that, that is great news! From what I'd read a few months ago I didn't expect they would be releasing an OTC one anytime soon.. But there's a real demand for them, and now with the FDA clearance they should be chomping at the bit to get them on shelves🤞

I'd forgotten about the palm as an alternate test site.. the meter instructions do mention that, but it also says "Avoid veins, moles, bones, and tendons" and phew.. a warning like that one is a real cheek clencher 😂

58 minutes ago, bumpkin said:

"Avoid veins, moles, bones, and tendons"

I can tell you that hitting a bone will be smarts for awhile. lateral side of the palms look safe. coul try on a low setting and work your way up.

Good luck if you try it.