Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/18/2022 at 8:06 AM, JennKay said:

These all look so good! I recently made some potatoe wedges that were salty goodness! Figured I could share the recipe here since potatoes are high in potassium and these are oven baked so they are a little healthier than the usual fried potatoe!! Sorry, didn't take a photo, but you will not be disappointed. 

You need - 

1.5 lbs yellow potatoes cut into 1 inch wedges

1.5 tsp kosher salt

0.5 tsp each paprika and garlic powder

3 tbsp avocado or sunflower oil

Toss everything together and bake on a lined 9x13 baking sheet at 400F for 35-40 mins, or until the potatoes are nice and roasted. Serve with ketchup and enjoy! 

Jenn this is so good i am using the seasonings for my bland diabetic skinless chicken. It is sooo the bomb!

I recently tried making a bean and beef burrito and it was delicious and easy enough to make. I also love experimenting with Indian food and recently learned how to make chapati and kurma. It was fun and interesting, and I look forward to trying to cook more dishes. I'm also interested in other cooking enthusiasts' opinions on the use of different spices and sauces. What spices do you prefer and in what dishes do they work best? What sauces do you use and how do they affect the taste of the dish? I'd love to hear your opinions and share your recipes!

On 5/1/2023 at 6:08 AM, IraZack said:

What spices do you prefer and in what dishes do they work best? What sauces do you use and how do they affect the taste of the dish?

Hi @IraZackmy goto spices are the obvious salt and pepper, I use garlic frequently as well. I do like basil as it is very aromatic and has a good flavor. Paprika works for me also. Occasionally i do use cumin,nutmeg,thyme,rosemary and turmeric.

sauce wise i pretty much stick to gravies (chicken,beef and pork) i have been buying a chipotle aioli sauce that i like and make a seasoned version of sour cream dip. I do venture with other items just not very often. 

How about you?  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This looks like a 5 star restaurants dish! What is the white gob on the right - mashed potatoes or hummus or mayo? 

( I assume it is not mayo ... ) ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One more healthy and easy meal to make. the black beans i did cook in the instant pot. 1 cup beans and three cups water a pinch of salt and a small onion. 30 mins high pressure and then let the pot sit 30 more mins before relieving the pressure.

Did not spike my BG at all.

salad.jpg.810b243c0ed692a8081fd20d1a269531.jpg