MikeO

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@MikeO - I got an airfryer for Christmas, do you have one of those? You should get one! Boy, can you cook in those things! And everything gets crispy without all that grease! You can even cook a whole chicken in it! I made fish filets in it yesterday and they were just as good as in a fancy restaurant! Todays experiment is going to be breaded chicken parmigian. I will let you know how it went! 

Between the Instapot, Crock pot and now the Airfryer my kitchen counter look like a pilots cockpit! 

@Pistolsounds like Santa was good to you this year (no coal for Pistol :) ) No i do not have a air fryer but i could see using one. I am interested to hear how the chicken parm turns out if it works i am sold and will run out and get an airfryer.

I am wondering if you can make homemade beer batter fish with one of these.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

I am wondering if you can make homemade beer batter fish with one of these.

Yup, you can, there is a recipe in the book that came with it. You can do anything deepfried in it, just without all of the grease. And you can also roast, bake, cook etc. I am just starting to experiment with it, but I will keep you updated on the ratings!

23 hours ago, Pistol said:

Yup, you can, there is a recipe in the book that came with it. You can do anything deepfried in it, just without all of the grease. And you can also roast, bake, cook etc. I am just starting to experiment with it, but I will keep you updated on the ratings!

So does your air fryer have a door/rotisserie or is it the drawer type? 

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Its got a drawer, and its quite spacious. Made porkroast AND baked potatoes yesterday, and they came out perfect! ( Changed my mind about the chicken ). 

Well you sold me so far. I will order one from amazon. 

On 12/31/2021 at 4:04 AM, Pistol said:

Between the Instapot, Crock pot and now the Airfryer my kitchen counter look like a pilots cockpit! 

I do see a pilot's license in your future.

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

@Pistolhere is one meal for you to try. I did a rump roast in the slow cooker. I added 2 cups of beef broth, i can of condensed cream of mushroom soup, a few garlic cloves. and let the roast go on low for several hours. i did thicken up the gravy with a bit of cornstarch slurry. 

good lord that looks delicious.

• 3 weeks later...

Changed up one of my favorite foods - slow cooked pork loin. With my recent flare of IBS i need to get back to basics. what i did was to take out some of the offending ingredients that supposedly irritate IBS. so no diced onions or garlic.

Recipe is really easy.

1 4 lb pork loin, Garlic infused olive oil (is digestive friendly), 1 small can of condensed cream of mushroom soup, 2 cups beef broth, salt and pepper. for the bread i baked a loaf of Rhodes white bread.

Just brown the meat well, add the canned ingredients to the slow cooker, rub the top of the loin with the garlic infused olive oil (watch it is strong) salt and pepper and let it go on low for several hours. When done thicken the liquid with a cornstarch slurry.

Serve over the fresh baked bread.

20220204_202803.thumb.jpg.979f7eadbd5bb42ee5a8885ecba56513.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So i was looking for some other uses for the mini corn tortillas. Norm for me is to use half of them for taco's and the rest would go to waste. so i came up with this.

Tip: heat the tortillas in a hot pan until they bubble a bit this will get rid of the raw taste and you will be able to fold the tortilla without them breaking.

cornt.thumb.jpg.2bf008b16ff655a77d175f5c4ffb88e1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

These all look so good! I recently made some potatoe wedges that were salty goodness! Figured I could share the recipe here since potatoes are high in potassium and these are oven baked so they are a little healthier than the usual fried potatoe!! Sorry, didn't take a photo, but you will not be disappointed. 

You need - 

1.5 lbs yellow potatoes cut into 1 inch wedges

1.5 tsp kosher salt

0.5 tsp each paprika and garlic powder

3 tbsp avocado or sunflower oil

Toss everything together and bake on a lined 9x13 baking sheet at 400F for 35-40 mins, or until the potatoes are nice and roasted. Serve with ketchup and enjoy! 

@MikeO -- Yay!! So glad you liked them. They are from a recipe book by Alex Snodgrass, The Comfortable Kitchen. I love all of her recipes b/c most are gluten free and can be modified to be dairy free or nut free as needed. I encourage you to check out her website: https://thedefineddish.com/

These are a few of my favs:

https://thedefineddish.com/sheet-pan-harissa-salmon-roasted-veggies-with-cashew-crema/

https://thedefineddish.com/pan-roasted-chicken-with-cherry-tomatoes-feta-and-herbs/

But seriously, you can't go wrong with any of her dishes. I am sad it took me so long to discover her!

2 minutes ago, JennKay said:

@MikeO -- Yay!! So glad you liked them. They are from a recipe book by Alex Snodgrass, The Comfortable Kitchen. I love all of her recipes b/c most are gluten free and can be modified to be dairy free or nut free as needed. I encourage you to check out her website: https://thedefineddish.com/

These are a few of my favs:

https://thedefineddish.com/sheet-pan-harissa-salmon-roasted-veggies-with-cashew-crema/

https://thedefineddish.com/pan-roasted-chicken-with-cherry-tomatoes-feta-and-herbs/

But seriously, you can't go wrong with any of her dishes. I am sad it took me so long to discover her!

Smooch. I will give them a try.

• 1 month later...