Bon Appetite

MikeO

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@MikeO  That looks great!  I have an instant Pot and I love it.  Especially in the summer when I really don't want to heat up the kitchen.  But I never thought of making eggs in them.  What a great idea.  My husband can't stand the smell of hard boiled eggs, but I have discovered that my pot works great outside on my deck under our umbrella.  So your idea is pure genius.  Thank you so much for sharing.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

been a while so here is what i made for dinner last night. the pork rub is awesome.

2 pork tenderloins about 1 pound each
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
1/4 cup butter cut into pats
Chopped parsley

image.png.3f5913966e2ebedadff44be2f1744dc1.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2024 at 4:31 PM, MikeO said:

First try at homemade hummus. turned out ok. tastes great but is not a smooth as i thought it would be. next time i will try the blender instead of the food processor and a more water to help out.

image.png.142b48f9e16db6b3b4747ef5c022a45d.png

Looks great! A little tip is ice cubes. Adding them to the food processor / mixer does wonders for smoothness! Also did you "deshell" them? The little skins around the chickpeas, if not removed, make the hummus a bit coarse. Best way to do it, is rubbing the chickpeas between your hands in a bowl of water and then the skins should just float to the top (I typically cook dried chickpeas, instead of using ones from a can, cause the shock from hot water to cold water separates the skins more easily, just like with potatoes). I'm sure you've done your homework and added olive oil and tahini, which also contributes loads to the smoothness. 

4 hours ago, albertspa said:

Looks great! A little tip is ice cubes. Adding them to the food processor / mixer does wonders for smoothness! Also did you "deshell" them? The little skins around the chickpeas, if not removed, make the hummus a bit coarse. Best way to do it, is rubbing the chickpeas between your hands in a bowl of water and then the skins should just float to the top (I typically cook dried chickpeas, instead of using ones from a can, cause the shock from hot water to cold water separates the skins more easily, just like with potatoes). I'm sure you've done your homework and added olive oil and tahini, which also contributes loads to the smoothness. 

No i did not deshell them. did think about when i saw the coarseness after running them in the food processor. I will try the ice trick as well thanks for the tip. I did buy dried chickpeas and cooked them in a pressure cooker, worked great!

I did buy tahini. was a little messy to work with but tasted good. 

@MikeO when using dry beans I rinse them over and over and over, and then rinse them after cooking over again. This removes most of the outer skins. Removing them prevents the bloating, too!

@Sarah Tee Here is a wonderful and easy recipe for Hummus:

1 1/2 cups cooked garbanzo beans

1/4 cup lemon juice

1/4 cup tahini

1 clove minced garlic

2 tblsp EVOO

1/2 tsp cumin, salt to taste, dash of paprika

2-3 tblsp water ( I use the liquid the beans were in )

Whip Tahini and lemon juice in Food processor, add EVOO, garlic and spices, add 1/2 cup beans at a time and whip then add more, add water if too thick until desired consistency. 

• 2 weeks later...