Another question...what is your resting heart rate

Normal resting rate can be as low as in the 40's for those who are quite fit. Mine is usually between 60 and 70. Resting range is typically 50 to 90 bpm.

mine is generally in the 60s resting when i'm on my beta blocker and feeling "good". in my past life of running/swimming a lot though mine was in the mid to upper 40s without any problems (except for when it dipped lower). at points "resting" for me has been 120+. and overnight i still dip into the low 50s regularly (from being monitored in hospital). it varies from person to person but often lower is better - to a point, such that it's common in athletes, those with very well conditioned tickers. of course any extreme change can cause issues/symptoms, for instance when mine drops quickly from 150 to 50 it's usually b/c i'm on my way to commune with the floor. but when mine "sits" in the 50s or 60s that's grand and usually when i feel my best. generally a doc will get a bit interested if it's in the 40s (i.e. ask if you're a long-distance runner), worried if it's lower than that. i've been hospitalized when mine has been stuck in the 30s.

sorry for the long rambling answer...i need to go to sleep!

:-)melissa

hi..

my resting HR is generally 120-ish.. and limbs up there pretty quickly even with beta blockers.. (anywhere from 120-180)

my Hr generally does not get much lower then the 88-100 range..

My resting has been 120-130 for as long as I could remember. It will then jump to 160-180 when I stand. Luckly, the mestinon has brought it down a little and decreased how high of a jump my hr will make. Heart rate is such a funny thing since it varies so much from individual to individual. I recently had a friend who refused to believe me that mine was what it was. To him a heart rate of 180 was impossible while to me it was no that big of a deal.... You should have seen the look on his face when I had him take my pulse...... :)

My resting rate is in the 70s lying down and in the 80s sitting. When I get up and walk it goes above 100 and sometimes up to 120. I take a beta blocker. If not on the BB, my rates would be much higher--high 90s when resting and up to 160 when standing up.

I once had a doctor tell me that EVERYONE's heart rate goes up the first thing in the morning and then settles down.

I also drink a big glass of water as soon as I get up before breakfast. It your heart rate is too fast when you first get up, put a glass of water on the nightstand and drink it a couple of minutes before getting out of bed.

Michigan Jan

Mine at sitting was usually around 70 to 80, but even just sitting my heart has started racing and goes up to 170. Once I stand it usually goes to around 160 and has gone to 180's.

Since on my meds, resting has stayed around 70, but it doesn't start racing quite as much as it used to.

I am NOT fit...actually I cannot remember the last time I actually was able to do something physical (I bet it has been since summer of 2001!)...my resting heartrate at this time is anywhere from 40-52, sometimes in the 60s.

And my BP goes all over the place. Today it was 100/68...up to 150/78!

I can really tell when it is low. It gets lower at bedtime, I bet that I am in the mid 30s when I sleep. My husband says that he actually has to check my pulse to know that I am still breathing!

~Lisa