I showered standing up!!!

I thought I would share with all of the other members out there that would find my news somewhat of an achievement. I stood up and showered without a shower chair for the first time in nearly three years! It was scary and nerve racking but after many manual heart rate checks and my inner voice reminding me that my shower chair was right in front of me incase I needed it, I soldiered on and made it threw. Am I exhausted... yes but some little, tiny bit of my old self has been restored. Please share what you have done that has been an achievement anything at all!!

@katcanny - great news!!! That IS a break-through!!! I too know the immense feeling of victory over these "small" achievements - and it always gives me such hope when it happens!!! Keep up the good work!!!!

I remember the days when I showered sitting down in the tub.  I didn't even have a shower chair.  it definitely feels great to be able to stand!  If you do it for a few times you'll get used to it and hopefully it will start to feel normal and you won't have to worry. :)

3 hours ago, katcanny said:

Thank you everyone for the support but no one has mentioned their own achievements!

I bought a rowing machine and can do 2 minutes on the lowest resistance setting twice a day!!! I survived a nasty double ear infection without a major flare ( thanks to weekly IV fluids ) and I went to my daughter's dance recital a few weeks ago. Oh - and I cooked stir-fry, which requires a lot of standing-at-the-stove time and usually does not go over well. 

They are great achievements Pistol congratulations! It’s so great that you were able to go to your daughters dance recital, as a mum I know how hard it is to miss out on a lot of events. You should be proud of your exercise achievements too! That is fantastic! That is my next goal 

Congratulations!! This week's achievement include standing for 30 seconds without passing out and sitting on a saddle, not on a horse, with a final goal to ride by end of summer. Slowly but surely!

@ANCY - 30 seconds is GREAT!!! Good for you - you are a trooper!!! I hope you can get in the saddle on the horse soon. We live near a therapeutic horse farm and they have saddles specially made to support paraplegics - maybe something like that could speed up the process for you? That way you would not fall off the horse if you pass out. Wishing you the very best!!!!!

On 6/14/2019 at 4:39 AM, Pistol said:

@ANCY - 30 seconds is GREAT!!! Good for you - you are a trooper!!! I hope you can get in the saddle on the horse soon. We live near a therapeutic horse farm and they have saddles specially made to support paraplegics - maybe something like that could speed up the process for you? That way you would not fall off the horse if you pass out. Wishing you the very best!!!!!

Well, plans are on hold again temporarily. Ended up on the hospital... Hope to get back to standing amd "riding" soon. I will have to look into the local places and see if they have a saddle I could use.