Pee

gossamer4448

hey guys, so i have been drinking a fair amount of water id say 2 liters a day sometimes a little more or less. and ill have darker urine in the mornig  but then after just a bit of water like 2 glasses  its light yellow and has been sometimes clear .im worried about drinking too much as it seems im not dehydrated at all i dont know what to do .  I know drinking too mcuh depletes me of salt but i have hig bp so i cant load up on that either.

It’s normal for your urine to be darker first thing in the morning. When you sleep you’re not staying hydrated therefore your urine is much more concentrated. As the day goes on and you begin to drink more water, as you said, it begins to dilute and turns a lighter shade of yellow or even sometimes clear. It’s generally nothing to worry about unless it brings on other symptoms like bladder pain, foul smell, etc. If you become more concerned (sounds like you need a good water/salt ratio due to your conditions) then I would bring it up with your doctor next time you’re in. 

Best wishes!

22 minutes ago, gossamer4448 said:

hey guys, so i have been drinking a fair amount of water id say 2 liters a day sometimes a little more or less. and ill have darker urine in the mornig  but then after just a bit of water like 2 glasses  its light yellow and has been sometimes clear .im worried about drinking too much as it seems im not dehydrated at all i dont know what to do .  I know drinking too mcuh depletes me of salt but i have hig bp so i cant load up on that either.

I don't know enough to fully answer your questions. But I do know the more fluid you intake, the higher your blood pressure will be. My urine is always darker in the morning.  Maybe someone else can shed some light.

5 minutes ago, jklass44 said:

It’s normal for your urine to be darker first thing in the morning. When you sleep you’re not staying hydrated therefore your urine is much more concentrated. As the day goes on and you begin to drink more water, as you said, it begins to dilute and turns a lighter shade of yellow or even sometimes clear. It’s generally nothing to worry about unless it brings on other symptoms like bladder pain, foul smell, etc. If you become more concerned (sounds like you need a good water/salt ratio due to your conditions) then I would bring it up with your doctor next time you’re in. 

Best wishes!

should i ask for a electrolyte test i just worry maybe about nothing  but thats my personality lol

28 minutes ago, gossamer4448 said:

should i ask for a electrolyte test i just worry maybe about nothing  but thats my personality lol

I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt to get your electrolytes checked, especially if you haven’t had bloods pulled in a while. It’s a simple test so if you ask your doctor it probably wouldn’t be an issue :)

Are you taking electrolytes in your fluids?  Or taking salt/potassium pills?  I have hyper pots with high BP but still take salt/potassium pills to compensate for my always low sodium in blood/urine tests.  I have to have enough fluids to prevent tachycardia from blood pooling but not too much to raise my BP too high.  I have baroreflex sensitivity so have to juggle fluid intake carefully.  I get my electrolytes checked every three months.  It’s always wise when you drink so much.