What Is Your Resting Heart Rate?

Evergreen

These days, it is 75 bpm while in bed. 80 to 90 bpm while seated. However, I am taking beta blockers (bisoprolol, 1.25 mg).

At the hospital, it was 80 bpm while in bed and if I lifted my head as to sit, it was 104 to 112 bpm without the beta blocker.

I need to measure it some more while standing and while not on beta blockers to see how my body is behaving nowadays.

My resting heartrate is usually around 60-70 or so. When I'm sitting up doing stuff, it seems to be around 70-80. Walking around doing things I sometimes get up around 110-115. More strenuous stuff or stairs it goes around 130. I am on a Beta Blocker, but even when I can feel that my heart is racing or pounding when it gets up 90s and above, I don't really have the POTsy symptoms I used to. I did get one of those Fitbits and it's been really interesting to see what my heartrate does throughout the day and night!

I am not confirmed with POTS, under going test,however my cardiologist is leaning in that direction. I am on a low dose of beta blocker and wearing compression socks and it is better than a few weeks back. But I was so excited to see someone posted what has become my new rates..60-70 laying down,70-80 sitting and working, walking or standing too long 110-118, going up the stairs in my house 130 in a heart beat literally. Although I wish no one to feel the high end rates for simple walking up stairs, it is nice to know I am not the only one ....

My sitting is usually 75ish.

M@t, have you had a cardiologist do a thorough work-up on you? My dad had a low heart rate similar to yours, and was sent to a cardiologist. They found that he actually had bigeminy. Can't remember the specifics, but his heart was actually beating twice what was registering, which brought it back up into a normal range. Not saying bigeminy in itself is normal, though.