Son Made It To Graduation Ceremony..yeah!

My son was able to attend his graduation ceremony this evening. It was so exciting to see him attend, just leaving the house is big, so this was huge! He had a mild headache and his nausea was also mild, so sometimes prayers do get answered! Now, he just has to finish up one lesson, take a final and he will be completely done with high school.

I am very happy right now!

Christy

High- fives all around!!!! :) Super wonderful and exciting news for him and for you. So glad to hear he made it through and then was able to participate in the ceremony to celebrate his accomplishment. Congrats to both of you for fighting the good fight and getting him thru all that he's had to deal with for so many years!

Congratulations. That's quite an accomplishment. What an exciting moment for you both.

Janet

Thanks everyone. This has been a great achievement for him. A lot of his schoolwork was self taught. Since the eighth grade, he only attended school for 6 weeks his sophomore year. The rest has all been done through homebound teaching and on line classes. His school counselor said she never had a student who didn't attend school for four years graduate on time. This has been his goal the whole time so he took classes through the last two summers to make his goal a reality. I am very proud of him. He also graduated Magna Cum Laude!

Christy

Wonderful news! So great to hear that your son was able to persevere and achieve this fantastic goal with your help.

I'm in Australia and have always wondered what 'magna cum laude' actually means. Going by some very faulty remnants of memory left of my 40 years ago high school latin lessons it seems to mean 'great with praise.' But I'm sure it's more definitive than that.

blue