Chicken Pox-Did You Get The Vaccine?

Chicken pox vaccine  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sorry i'm an oldie. no vaccine when I was young the 60's. Had Chicken pox at about 8 yrs old around Easter time. Remember being separated from the family during the holiday

Sorry, I didn't read your post before I did the survey! I am not a young one, coming up on 46 here. I had the chicken pox as a child, then lost my immunity as an adult. I was tested because I was working in the Peds area of the hospital. So I was re-vaccinated in my late 20's.

I have the circle on my arm to prove it. However I had the chicken poxs anyway. I just can't remember if it was before or after vaccine. I'm older too. Considering I have an immune deficiency vaccines don't work on me anyway or for very long. I had a tentanus booster a few years ago and my antigen response was only low moderate. Don't know if back then the vaccine was a live virus, if it was I probably got it from the vaccine. CVID's can't do live vaccines or botox.

Does a primary infection mean you got chicken pox or does that mean any infection? I have never had chicken pox or shingles and I got the chicken pox vaccine when I was 5 I think and a booster shot a few years ago.

I've actually had chicken pox twice when I was kid! My children have not received the vax for it, and none have contracted it. I was hoping to expose them but it is difficult to find anyone who has it now. No shingles for me (knock on wood)

I am 24 and have never had the chicken pox vaccine, I did get the chicken pox when I was 3-4ish and got a fairly bad bought of shingles (have a scar from where it came out at on my back that has no feeling due to nerve damage) I was 10 when I got shingles and I believe the only reason I have scarring is because my parents did not take me to the doctors until it had already crusted over (doctor was surprised they had waited so long since it feels like the area it is in is on fire). ..however, since then knock on wood I haven't had another outbreak but I have had phantom pains in areas when my immune system was really down that felt like I should get the rash...

I'll have to ask my mom if I was Vaccinated for it, I have no idea... I know I got Chicken Pox bad around the age of 5. A few years later my sisters got it and I got it again just not as bad. Somewhere after I turned 21 I had shingles (at least that's what they think it was) for a brief period of time.

I'm 29. didn't have a vaccine. had the chicken pox as a child. had shingles two years ago and gave my son chicken pox via my shingles. He was not a year old yet and now days, the vaccine is given at 1yr or older. so he had chicken pox at about 10-11 months. still was given the vaccine as well.

My antibody titers are high enough that I don't need the chicken pox vaccine - besides, I had a great case of it when I was 5 years old. My MD did convince me to take the shingles vaccine this past winter. I had such an untoward reaction to it that I ended up in the hospital with raging fevers, bone-racking chills, and IV antibiotics trying to keep my infusaport and central lines from getting infected. I'll never take the shingles vaccine again! It was only after the vaccination that I learned it was an attenuated live virus - so, if you have autoimmune dysautonomia, better think long and hard about taking any vaccine with live virus components.......