Eye Floaters

Darlene

I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if the two were related. I've had floaters since I was a child and mine are pretty bad too. It's really annoying, especially on days when it's cloudy but bright outside.

I have floaters too. I went to my eye dr. recently and he gave me some technical term for it and explained why, didn't really help though. I also have (what I consider) a rather quick onset of farsightedness, where I need reading glasses now. Eye dr. told me it was just my age. Didn't really flinch or ask questions when I mentioned I had POTS. Still not really convinced that it is my age and wonder if it has something to do with the POTS and/or a side effect to meds. I have read that there are special eye doctors, opthamologists maybe that can actually tell a whole slew of medical issues just from looking into our eyes ie: high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. I personally have never come across any article about floaters being POTS related. If anyone has, please share.:) I have had these since I was little, although must confess that they have gotten worse since my dx. Oh, the mysteries of this syndrome!!