Flu Shot?

micheller

After a severe reaction to a flu shot I will never take another one. I can't help but feel that is when my problems started.

If you already have the flu do you need a shot now? How many times a year can you take the flu? It seems like having the flu would make you immune. Of course, there are different strains of flu. Maybe check with your dr to see if you really need one.

I have gotten flu shots for over 30 years and I recomend them for everyone with illnesses or anyone who works with people who are ill. EXCEPT if you are allergic to eggs. And they should ask you that before you get the shot. The vaccine is cultured in eggs.

i have gotten a flu shot for the past few years. i would rather feel yucky for a few days than actually get the flu a few times through the season and be awful for months. each time i get the shot i do feel worse not just a sore arm, but the flu shot this year was the worst one i have have ever had. i think it is because this year i have gone gluten free and low histamine and somaybe with the eggs in it i had a bad reaction. within 10 mins of the shot i felt extremely nauseous and threw up and stayed nauseous and than i got a massive headache that lasted for a day and a half.(i have had headaches for years major ones and this one was the worst i had had in quite awhile). than as the day progressed my body got all achey my muscles and bones hurt. soi took a benadryl, flexeril and vicodin. it somewhat helped and the next day wasnt as bad. but even with that being awful i think it is worth it to prevent me getting sick multiple times. i have 5 kids and they will bring anything home.

The one year I did not take the flu shot, I (of course) came down with the flu that turned into pneumonia - I was sick a month over the holidays - pretty awful. I now always take the flu shot and this year, took the pneumonia shot also. At the end of November, I'll take the "shingles" shot - any illness I can prevent or lessen the severity of is OK by me. I think any illness has the potential to stir-up the dysautonomia - even a simple "cold" isn't quite so simple with dysautonomia -

Michelle - hope you feel better real soon - drink plenty of fluids and rest - Blessings and Healing to you!

NO WAY. This is what I do. I started taking Vitamin D in September. My immune system used to be so weak and terrible. Since then, my daughter and husband both had the stomach virus, didn't get it. Also for the past 4 days my daughter has coughed repeatedly in my face and I have no signs of the upper respiratory stuff she has. It's been amazing.

Plus, do some research on the connection between 5 years plus in a row taking a flu shot increases your risk of Alzheimer's by 80%.

The effectiveness of the shots are also questionable not even mentioning the toxic ingredients found in them.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/12/14/study-shows-vitamin-d-cuts-flu-by-nearly-50.aspx