I Am Becoming An Irritable Grump!

kmichaelson

Hi everyone, first of all, I promise to hold my irritability in check while we interact here. :) But honestly, I have become so irritable in the past 6 months that it's really weird. I've always been a very easy-going person and I never really got mad, even sometimes when I probably should have gotten mad about a situation. Now, EVERYTHING seems to piss me off, especially family and their ignorant comments about what I should or shouldn't do. But just everyday situations really get to me like they never ever used to.

Have others had any personality change like this with their illness? I've also started taking midodrine within the last couple of weeks, and I know that stimulates the fight/flight response--maybe I'm constantly just in fight mode right now, LOL.

I am also on midodrine and I have noticed the same thing. My mom said I used to be so happy go lucky and ever since I got POTS I'm angry all the time.

When I first started with Dysautonomia symptoms I could not control my anger. You would have to know me to see how bazarre that is. Most days now I have control & that is hard to do when you have a DH that thinks he shouldn't have to get involved in household chores even tho he is retired.

Edited by corina

dizzyblonde,

I posted this same thing a few months ago but its always good to talk about it again. I got so many responses I was amazed. I yelled at my mom the day I posted for asking me to open the windows at home. I was so ashamed of my behavior. I think the concensus we all came to on that thread is that it has something to do with our brains being oxygen deprived. I sometimes feel like my evil twin takes over (its always when my symptoms are bad and I feel lightheaded) and everyone is annoying...even the people that are trying to help me. If I can find the thread I'll make another post with the title.

Hang in there,

Katie

Thanks, everyone, it's good to know I'm not alone! Also, Katybug, thanks for letting me know about the other thread too. I can't wait to see what everyone else has to say too. I do feel really bad because I feel like I'm not being "myself" but hopefully if I'm aware of it, I can change it a bit. I just feel like my emotions are controlling me sometimes lately.

I am having difficulties with my adreline gland the doctors think and am going to see a doctor in January for this every thing. In the mean time if I can't control my temper I'm don't leave the house. If you get housebound long enough one learns to keep their mouth shut. It's taken me several months to learn to control my tongue, but I'm doing it so far. I hope you discover what is causing this and hope you can soon to enjoy the day. I have learned when I want to yell to turn around and walk away.

Maggie

i was trying to back off my 5HTP and noticed that I was getting angry quicker too. I'm back to 100 mg at bedtime and feeling better.

I've been doing some reading and it appears that neurotransmitter levels are off in a variety of neurologic illnesses. So needing serotonin / 5HTP would make sense. Especially if you have gut damage and can't break proteins down into amino acids which feed neurotransmitters.

I understand that we can be tested for these but never really researched it .. I just know that my gut is damaged so I need these.

tc ... d