Episodes Of Profuse Sweating, Anyone?

pulp

I've had this happen a couple of times, out of nowhere I start sweating, ALOT - like it goes through my clothes. Hands and feet go colder than they usually are and totally pale, I feel as if I'm about to pass out, whether if I'm standing or lying down (standing is totally out of the question though) and I get very very weak. Last time it just built up more and more and I had two waves of this sweating during the hour I was lying down. My heartbeat wasn't "that" high, it was maybe 110 or so when lying down when this happened, standing heartrate I don't know and I'm not sure of what my blood pressure was when it happened but it felt horrible. Anyone have this? Gotten any explanation of what it is?

I can think of two possibilities:

1. Low blood sugar

2. Pheochromocytoma

Both of those cause adrenaline surges(pheos worse) that can cause cold hands, yet sweating. If you would happen to be overweight, I know people with Cushing's disease have profuse sweating, but usually when they are doing something.

yes. This was a major problem for me before I was diagnosed. Treatment overall has helped. I think my beta blocker helps the most. Horrible feeling. I think compression has helped me as well. My mom told me that when I was having one of these episodes my lips would even go pale. hope you find something that helps.

Hi pulp! I get this but I don't know (other than POTS) what it is exactly and I don't know how to make it stop. I sweat like I've been in an aerobics class but I'm just laying down! :blink: And then I will get the "spins" and be very weak. I then usually get very chilled after the episode passes. I may have just one instance or I may have waves of it and sometimes it includes nausea/vomiting and sometimes not. I also will have to urinate a lot and urgently when it happens. These episodes sometimes wake me out of my sleep. I has been less frequent since being on the beta blocker but it still happens. It literally feels like someone flips the "autonomic dysfunction switch" to on and away I go!

This JUST started happening to me this week! (Yet another new symptom, jeez!) I don't know if it is related to my hip/spine injury, or if I am having random hot flashes and profuse sweats, or if it is somehow connected to my hysterectomy, even though I am on a fairly large dose of estrogen, via the vivelle dot. I have no insight as to why, but I can commiserate!

Sandy

"Glad" I'm not the only one! I am quite thin in weight and when I think of it I was hungry when this happened and eating an apple made me feel better after a while. My blood sugar is far as I know normal, took my value couple of times and it was okay. So not sure if it can be applied to that. Really weird stuff though! 6 months ago, bit more, this happened and I was knocked out for over 12 hours. Simply couldn't move cause I felt so weak and eating then didn't help.

Its a symptom of excessive sympathetic activation - at least its pretty clear you dont have denervation (QSART test negative LOL).

I get this all the time when I stand too long. I have Hyper POTS.

I always find it strange when people get on a website about one condition and then suggest a symptom of that condition relates to an entirely different illness or problem...